Art Director AugustRichmond, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Expressions of interest.
You understand design principles but aren’t constrained by them. While you’ve built your skills on exciting projects, you still maintain a flexible attitude when it comes to making stuff happen. And making it happen fast. You’re someone who has been in the industry for a while, at least eight years.
We are looking for a digital art director. Imagine a spectrum of designers. On one end, there are designers who are all about the aesthetic – pure aesthetic. On the other end, there are designers who are all about the user experience. The digital designer we’re looking for is towards the former end of the spectrum. You love creating beautiful designs that help solve problems.
The August team is smart and nimble; working together to build innovative applications, committed to learning and sharing something new every day. As a digital art director, you’ll work with clients who are digitally focused and you’ll help bring their ideas to life. This is a great opportunity for a bright, pragmatic digital art director with strong collaboration skills. This role is a chance for you to build.
We are fixated on improving our clients’ outcomes and the experience for their audiences. We expect you to join us in our obsession.
The job in 55 words or less
- Design beautiful digital interfaces for client projects
- Work with the August Engagement and Delivery teams to come up with concepts quickly – in other words, you’ll be jammin’ and you love it
- Help production to realise design requirements during build and provide useful feedback
- Keep up–to–date with emerging, relevant technologies and trends
Does this sound like you?
- Advanced understanding of ux/ui principles
- Flexible and collaborative attitude
- Insatiable appetite and excitement for new web technologies and trends
- An eye for detail and a curiosity to make things better
- Some understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- An understanding of and experience with mobile app interfaces
- Experience working as part of a design team (minimum 8 years)
- Can work to deadline and juggle competing priorities
- Willingness to take ownership of projects
- Available to work on site
- Experience with Google Material Design
- Public speaking experience and a willingness to do more
- Sound knowledge of WCAG standards
- A sound knowledge of SEO techniques and principles
- Making a mean coffee
- A love of Bubble Soccer
What you will get
A creative, dynamic and fun work environment – while we take our work seriously, we really enjoy the company of the people we work with and we don’t take ourselves too seriously. You may notice spontaneous basketball playoffs, table-tennis matches, heaps of laughter around the office and a few fun surprises that we’ll tell you about on your first day.
You will also get:
- A competitive salary package with various incentives and rewards.
- Work within a highly motivated, talented and technology–driven team.
- A team of people who will invest in your career progression
- Many other perks we will discuss when we meet you.
Applications for this role are open now. To apply for this position, you need to:
- Mention one of our clients in your application.
- Provide your CV, outlining your skills and experience.
- Include a covering letter explaining why you are perfect for this role.
- Please provide a URL or GitHub account in your application; we’d love to check it out.
August is an award-winning digital practice based in Richmond. We aim to nudge the world just enough to make a change. Help us to make it happen.