Art Director BKOM StudiosQuébec, Quebec, CA
[ Technical Art Director ]
Located in the beautiful city of Quebec (Canada), BKOM Studios is a full-service digital studio dedicated to helping brands develop their presence across multiple points of interaction and platforms, including products, points of sale, websites, apps, social media, marketing campaigns, connected toys, AR/VR experiences, mobile games and, more recently, PC Games (Steam).
We also create our own original games and intellectual properties (IP), exploring further the digital space, creating new universes, and experimenting cutting-edge technologies.
BKOM Studios? It’s 20 years of experience in studio expertise and more than 3,000 projects delivered. But above all, it’s a company with a human dimension made up of more than 90 talented and committed people.
Under the supervision of the VP Production, your main role is to overcome any technology challenges that can present themselves between artists and developers. Hence, you will be responsible in implementing software tools that will efficiently contribute in the creation of art assets and support the development pipelines. The daily tasks related to this role are motivated by the development and performance of the work team. More specifically, the technical art director:
- Participates in the development of the technical guidelines and standards of a project in the design phase to ensure the quality and performance of work in the production phase in collaboration with the project manager, the artistic director and the game designer, while respecting the client expectations (internal or external);
- Establishes and documents the graphic production pipeline (modeling, animation, 3D scene lighting, SFX, etc.) and monitors it;
- Validate the feasibility of proposed approaches based on budgets and other available means (resources, knowledge, timelines);
- Participate in the estimation of the work with the members of the team;
- Assists department managers to plan assignments based on team strengths;
- Coordinates and acts as an intermediate between the graphic team and the development team;
- Guarantees the performance of his team and performs quality control on the work executed by the team;
- Acts as a coach within his team;
- Communicates regularly the technical constraints to the team and to the project managers;
- Provides leadership in the adoption and implementation of work methods (methodologies, tools and technologies).
- Conducts research and presents innovation and optimization plans to upper management;
- Identify possible gaps and improvements in the composition of the team and create a hiring plan;
- Keeps a watch on the technical aspects to improve the quality of the products;
- Contributes to support the company during various promotional events, recruitment or during customer presentations;
- Participate in recruitment efforts;
- Welcome and integrate new employees;
- College diploma in 3D Animation, Graphic Design or Modeling;
- Relevant experience in 3D production or design (level artist, modeling, textures, technical director, etc.);
- 2 years or more of experience in a technical and artistic team management;
- Experience in a multi-project environment
- Knowledge of programming languages (C#, C++, etc.) is an asset;
- Knowledge of data safety options;
- Experience in art direction;
- Excellent knowledge of different 2D and 3D softwares;
- Excellent leadership and teaching skills;
- In-depth knowledge of the video game production pipeline, engines and plateforms;
- Capacity to express and communicate concepts efficiently;
- Oral and written bilingualism (French and English).
What's cool about BKOM Studios
- Competitive salary
- Group insurance offering health, disability and dental coverage and travel insurance
- RRSP program including an employer contribution
- Free parking
- 37,5 hours per week schedule
- Work on original and varied projects
- Free healthy snack offered every day
- You have a real impact on your projects
- You have your own personalize space in our bright, comfortable and trendy open space environment
- Top international clients in the toys and entertainment business. Does Hasbro, Disney, Lego and Wizards of the Coast ring a bell?
- Work with talented and competent people
- Strong gaming culture
- Social events and a lot of fun!
We offer competitive compensation and a dynamic work environment.