Art Director DesignSceneLondon, England, GB
We Are DesignScene, a creative event production agency.
Crafting innovative design-led experiences for brands worldwide.
We are looking to expand our creative studio team with an enthusiastic and creative mid/senior Art Director with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in graphics and concept creation in an experiential/events environment. We are looking for the following designer to:
- Interpret design briefs and translate them into innovative and creative solutions across a range of creative executions and media.
- Create high quality creative solutions that inspire and delight our clients
- To lead detailed creative response and be the conduit for graphic, content and experiential ideas.
You’ll work closely with our creative and development teams in the USA and the UK, across a broad range of projects executed worldwide.
Location: DesignScene Ltd, London.
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: 40-45K p.a. dependant on experience
Role & Responsibilities
As an Art Director at DesignScene you will have the opportunity to work across a variety of clients and projects.
What do you have to achieve?
- Creative development of the client’s brief to ensure the goals of the brief are met
- Generate ideas and solutions that meet the brief across multiple media, video, graphic design etc
- The visualisation of a brief from draft concepts to innovative design solutions
- Effective use of the creative process framework
- On time delivery of all creative material from all relevant teams, produced to the highest standard
- Partnership with other disciplines in the USA and the UK to ensure effective delivery and information flow
Job Activities – what do you have to do?
- Visit sites to ensure understanding of the space and allow creation of appropriate design development
- Generate creative ideas and suggest alternatives as appropriate
- Play a part in pitch presentations
- Help “sell in” ideas to the CEO and Client
- Liaise with Clients where required, leading creative presentations and discussions
- Manage the whole design process from concept to final execution ensuring quality is maintained at every step
- Sketch out concepts to demonstrate likely outcome and discuss initial look and feel with production team
- Manage other team members to ensure appropriate and accurate work is created on time e.g. relevant artwork
- Working with production team evaluate all design output to ensure fit for purpose, and stays true to the original design
- Regularly evaluate market in order to keep pace with changing trends.
- Liaise with production team and suppliers as required
- To negotiate cost effective quotes for relevant aspects of the brief
- Plan ahead in terms of managing time zone