Art Director FULLBEAUTY Brands™New York City, New York, US
FULLBEAUTY Brands™ is the most trusted, comprehensive resource for plus-size women and men seeking fashion inspiration, style advice, and clothing tailored to their individual needs. Proprietary brands under the FULLBEAUTY Brands umbrella include: Woman Within®, Roaman's®, Jessica London®, swimsuitsforall®, KingSize®, Brylane Home® and fullbeauty.com®, an online marketplace offering a curated collection of the finest brands and thousands of products -- the premier fashion and lifestyle destination for women sizes 12+.
The Web designer, under the supervision of the Creative Director, is responsible for the creation, development and coding of web promotions/campaigns for an assigned brand(s). These include emails, landing pages, home page refreshes, mobile updates and other promotional materials. The timely upkeep includes, but is not limited to, updating the website and web promotions in a timely fashion with market reactions such as fashion news/trends. Strong design skills with strong usage of type, and the ability to be a leader as well as part of a team. Ability to meet deadlines, communicate effectively and manage many projects at a time is a must. Must be able to design based on a solid knowledge of the branding requirements/standards for brand(s) assigned by manager.
- Create, develop, design and code web promotions using graphics design software (PhotoShop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign etc.).
- Attend brand meetings to ensure creative elements are in line with brand requirements and brainstorming creative concepts with an eye on the feasibility of requests from a design perspective.
- Attend internal hand-off meetings with departmental groups to ensure timely approval process.
- Ability to work independently and in conjunction with Creative Director or Art Director. Interprets creative "look" of each promotion and builds/develops layouts of those materials assigned.
- Ability to quickly learn and become expert of in-house web publishing tool.
- Ensures all work, both creative and technical, are reviewed for accuracy before deployment.
- Deploy site designs/redesigns and works with outside vendors to ensure redesign launches are on a timely basis.
- Work on special creative projects for brands as assigned by manager.
FULLBEAUTY Brands™ offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package, a fun work environment, a generous merchandise discount and realistic growth potential. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce. We are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity and any other characteristic protected by law. FULLBEAUTY Brands™ is an equal opportunity employer, M/F.
- Bachelor's Degree (in design field a plus)
- 7+ years experience in web design.
- Tablet experience a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of the following: HTML, CSS, JQuery, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Strong creative skills in layout, typography, shape and color work a must. The ability to conceptualize several creative comps for presentation also a must.
- Expertise in current internet standards, including web browsers and browser specifications.
- Understanding of mobile devices and HTML5
- Experience with managing website content.
- Ability to learn new internet and authoring technologies relevant for website development.
- Understanding of dynamic or active and static web content
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are essential for effective interaction with all levels of company management, personnel and outside vendors.
- Very strong organization skills a must. Attention to detail a must. Ability to multi-task and prioritize a must.
- Dedication to developing and implementing effective methods for meeting project deadlines.
- Ability to be flexible, open-minded, and comfortable with developing a structure to meet project goals.
- Evidence of strong inclination toward collaborative work style coupled with leadership skills.