Art Director HSNSt. Petersburg, Florida, US
Senior Art Director - Digital / Ecommerce Design
Our Creative team operates as HSN’s in-house creative “agency” composed of such positions as Copywriters, Art Directors, Photographers, UX Designers, and many more. This team utilizes their experiences and talents on everything from photo shoots, writing creative content for digital, TV or our social platforms, or designing our next programming guide.
A Day in the Life
The Sr. Art Director is a highly creative, team oriented individual who understands how to craft beautiful, intuitive site designs within the context of a retail website environment. Reporting to the Associate Creative Director - Digital, the Sr. Art Director will work on a broad range of projects, from shopping experiences, to online marketing, to feature functionality. The Sr. Art Director will be an active participant in developing ongoing content strategy and will help shape the overall site design.
- Create interface designs and visual hierarchy systems, establish the design language, and execute design direction, visual assets and presentation materials
- Meet marketing objectives and strategies and adhere to tight deadlines
- Review creative briefs for incoming jobs and develop creative direction in a collaborative effort based on the job request/requirements
- Organize and maintain a heavy workload in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Work with Sr. Creative Director to establish photography direction then manage process through the photography studio
- Establish clean creative concepts for HSN.com that is consistent with the HSN brand
- Work with Sr. Creative Director to concept and execute best in class creative
- Manage Art Directors for product photography and other assets used on HSN.com and other collateral
- Estimate and manage time accurately and independently; Maintain project deadlines and budget
- Manage the creative process from concept through execution to implementation
- Manage and mentor Art Director team
- Work with Sr. Creative Director to develop and streamline processes within the team when needed
- Work with Traffic, Production & Content to ensure asset execution in a timely manner
Keys to Success
At HSN, if you are Agile, Innovative, Pioneering, Dynamic, Boundaryless, Passionate, Customer-Centric, Collaborative, and Results-Focused, you will love it here!
In order to be considered you must include a link to, or attachment of, your portfolio.
- 3 years experience in an Art Director role, or similar capacity
- Experience working with cross functional teams, including marketing, technical (production), photography, copy, and product management teams
- Experience working within a large, complex, corporate environment
- Degree achieved in design or educated in design
- Strong portfolio; clean balanced design, good composition
- Can speak to design techniques; strong understanding of composition, color, imagery, typography as it relates to the Web; a great eye for design
- An in-depth knowledge/experience in PhotoShop.
- Experience in Illustrator & Indesign
Candidates will be considered in totality of their skills and experience versus strict interpretation of “must haves”.
Nice to Haves
- Working experience at a major, Fortune 500/1000 brand, large company (+2500 employees)
- Experience in e-commerce retail industry
HSN’s unique blend of Retail, Television and eCommerce create a one-of-a-kind working environment. Our employees enjoy a competitive benefit program including health and retirement plans, merchandise discounts, volunteer days, and more. We encourage growth and development across the company. Most importantly, we have fun. Follow HSN Careers on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.