Art Director IlexLondon, England, GB
Ilex, part of the Octopus Publishing Group, has achieved an international reputation as a publisher of high-quality illustrated titles. Ilex is dedicated to creativity in all its forms, and has a varied list covering everything from practical art and photography titles to adult dot-to-dot books and on-trend popular culture publications. A major partnership with the Tate is a key new initiative.
Ilex is looking for a talented and dynamic Art Director to work across all the imprint’s titles and take responsibility for Ilex’s creative output. Reporting to the Creative Director of Octopus, you will be responsible for creating original, beautiful and market-appropriate designs.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in innovative design thinking, as well as extensive experience of illustrated publishing for global markets. You will be comfortable briefing and booking freelance designers to help achieve their vision for Ilex and will establish seamless, collaborative relationships with editorial, marketing, managing editorial, sales, and production.
This is a unique opportunity to help steer and expand Ilex’s creative output at a very exciting time in its development.
Essential Skills and Requirements
- Substantial proven experience in book publishing design and/or other related creative industries.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop; knowledge of PDF production workflow systems
- Proven ability to art direct freelance talent especially illustrators, typographers and designers.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings.
- Meticulous eye for detail and a passion for design.
- Ability to think laterally and creatively to come up with great design solutions quickly and efficiently in a demanding and challenging environment.
- Extremely well organised and exceptional at managing and juggling projects.
Closing date: 25th May 2018
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter – with a link to your portfolio .
Alternatively, send to: HR Department, Hachette UK, Carmelite House, 50 Victoria Embankment, London, EC4Y 0DZ.
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are only able to get in touch directly with shortlisted candidates. If you are shortlisted and need us to make any adjustments to help you attend for interview, please do let us know.
Hachette UK is an equal opportunities employer and employs people on the basis of their abilities.