Art Director KingStockholm, SE
King is looking for an exceptionally skilled Art Director to join our Kingdom in Stockholm. Birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Soda and Jelly and home to some of our exciting new projects, our Stockholm studio is a dynamic, creative hub. As Art Director, you will be a champion for art, working within a passionate team to create magical moments for millions of people.
Your Role within our Kingdom
As a confident art leader, who coaches your team towards excellence, you will have a thorough knowledge of what good art looks like and can drive your vision forward. As the spokesperson for Art you will also have a close collaboration with producers, game designers, developers, business performance, player insight and of course brand. With an innovative spirit, you will contribute beyond the assigned tasks and actively seek new opportunities to add value to your game and to King. Responsibilities include:
- Define, communicate and champion the games’ visual style ensuring it’s aligned with the target demographic and product goals
- Ensure a consistent art style across all areas of the product at all times
- Set the expectation of the highest levels of quality for all areas of art
- Make sure that all art is delivered to the game in accordance to the technical requirements of the project
- Promote a safe environment for open critique and feedback within the team
- Embed coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing into the daily team activities
- Partner with Producers and/or Scrum Masters to define and prioritise tasks
- Support the creative and professional development of the Artists
- Facilitate a ‘red carpet’ experience when introducing new Artists into the team
- Assist with the Artist performance review process and work closely with the Studio Art Director to support a healthy and productive art department
Skills to create thrills
You will be an established Artist and Art Director with demonstrable experience in the fundamental artistic and art-leadership principles. You will also bring:
- Great skills and experience in Art Direction with the ability to define, communicate and champion an Artistic vision
- Demonstrable experience in high quality visual decision-making and problem solving
- Experienced in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
- A full understanding of all areas of game art and proven track record of successfully leading a team to deliver high quality art & animations in line with project style and goals
- Experience as people manager and an understanding of the mix of competencies you need in your team to excel and drive great performance
- Experience and passion for coaching, developing and leading artists
- Strong communication and organizational skills, you feel at home with project planning
- An advanced level of proficiency with industry standard 2d & 3d software
Tasty bonus skills
- Experience in developing software within an Agile environment
- Experience of creating casual, mobile, browser based and/or Facebook games
- Experience in UI and UX design
An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required!
We’re champions of creativity!
We believe that great gaming experiences happen when they are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process – from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with the player community gets us instant feedback and enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration – by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative. That’s why we call ourselves developers of magic and champions of creativity!
Want to join our Kingdom? – Comprehensive relocation package
People come from all over the world to work with us, and we want every single one of them to feel at home. To do so, we help you out as much as we can with our relocation package. This includes full visa sponsorship for you and any family member moving with you, covering your journey out here, the cost of shipping your gadgets or helping you with estate agents. See more about our relocation process at: https://jobs.king.com/benefits#relocation
Please apply in English and don’t forget to share your portfolio with us.
The brilliant experience we give our players comes from the diversity and experience of our people. A great Saga needs all kinds of Heroes – that’s why we hire all sorts of talent.