Art Director Marketing Instincts, Inc.San Diego, California, US
When you build your career with Marketing Instincts’ Controller Gear, you're in good company!
As the retail brand extension of Marketing Instincts, Controller Gear specializes in manufacturing and selling video game accessories and retail merchandise officially licensed by Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo, Sony PlayStation, Warner Bros. and more.
We sell direct to some of the nation’s leading retailers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Target, and Game Stop. Controller Gear also specializes in custom product design, development, and offshore manufacturing for premiere clients such as Microsoft Xbox, EA Games, Blizzard, and more.
- Accomplishes art department work requirements by prioritizing, training, assigning, scheduling, and coaching employees
- Manage and lead a team of 6 Graphic Artists
- Ensures the team is as efficient and productive as possible
- Lead licensed retail product and packaging design
- Formulates art concepts by supervising workers engaged in executing layout designs for art work and copy to be presented
- Keeps our Fortune 500 clients informed by reviewing illustrative material for presentation
- Selects and secures illustrative material by formulating layout design concept; conducting research.
- Provide creative direction for high-profile Fortune 500 clients regarding branded merchandise from apparel, plush, glassware, hats, print material, and other custom products; in addition to, creating branded licensing novelty products and video game accessories.
- Responsible to ensure brand guidelines are followed for our licensed partners Xbox, PlayStation, Nintendo, WB, Bethesda and more
- Manage and prioritize art work for your team through our project management software, Trello
- Liaison between sales, ecommerce, and production department
- Determining size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size
- Expertise with vector art, videos, and creative talent
- Excellent design skills using Illustrator and Photoshop
- Knowledge of industrial design to create virtual prototypes a plus
- 3D experience a plus
- Pre-Press experience
- Print Production
- Creating banners for landing pages
- Create packaging designs
Experience in the following fields a plus:
- Advertising Specialty/Promotional Products
- Marketing Production Traffic
- Printing Industry
- Project Management
- Branded merchandise
- Licensed product
- Video Games
Terrific opportunity for a motivated individual ready to advance with a successful company. Please submit your resume and salary requirements.