Art Director MindgrubBaltimore, Maryland, US
Produce bold, inspiring digital experiences for businesses that matter.
Lead others to do the same.
Based in Baltimore, Mindgrub sits at the crux of business and technology. With in-house design, marketing, strategy, and engineering expertise, we tackle projects from mobile, to web, VR, robotics, digital marketing, and don’t shy away from a challenge.
We produce award winning, end-to-end marketing and technology solutions for Fortune 100 companies, educational institutions, healthcare organizations, non-profits and start-ups. Mindgrub is a member of the Inc. 5000 Hall of Fame and was voted one of Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces.
Collaborate. Drive our projects forward with great design. Work with a creative team, supported by engagement directors and in partnership with UX designers, account managers, project managers, developers, and our clients.
Engage. Serve as a design lead on assigned projects, where your input will be direct and essential. Take responsibility, directing and producing work on deadline and getting support from the team when needed.
Support. Guide colleagues using the wisdom and insight you’ve cultivated. Elevate our design work and ensure it has substance by directing the team toward a realization of your design vision.
Experiment. Learn from colleagues and the industry. Find opportunities in your day to push boundaries. Play, explore, and define new methods. Learn from mistakes and victories, allowing both to inform your work.
Make. Move fluidly and with confidence from leading execution of a design vision, to creating sketches, comps and style guides, to hands-on production.
We’ll also expect you to:
- Help clients diagnose creative problems
- Translate brand guidelines to a digital context
- Lead executive level client presentations
- Support and learn from others when needed
- Take the lead on projects when called on
- Hold yourself and others accountable for delivering on deadline
- Stay committed to raising the bar for creativity and quality
- Consistently produce work that’s relevant, and that you and your clients are proud of
- Stand up for your own work and accept constructive feedback
- Constantly learn about the industry and our clients’
- Experienced agency or in-house Art Director, with at least 3 years of digital experience.
- Portfolio inclusive of non-academic work.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud and/or Sketch, at least two major CMS products (Wordpress, Drupal, etc), iOS and Android.
- The position will require you to work on-site in our Baltimore office, and manage multiple tasks while delivering projects on-time and on-budget.
- Excellent benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k), transportation subsidy, and more.
- This is a full-time position. Contractors should not apply.
- Annual training budget dedicated to your professional development.
- A flexible schedule.
- Dog friendly office.
- A variety of fun Mindgrub clubs.
- No phone calls, please.
Do you think you have what it takes? If so, we want to meet you!