Art Director MRM//McCannBirmingham, England, GB
The full-time Art Director is a key role within MRM. We expect that s/he will execute advertising materials that are consistent with the agreed strategy and work closely with the team to come up with the best possible creative solutions for that job. It is also the responsibility of the Art Director to produce bold, strategic and persuasive products in all media for our clients and complies with quality standards for the team. Project workload will consist of (but is not limited to) designing.
- Develops concepts and collaborates with the production team as needed.
- Builds relationships with appropriate agency creative leads.
- Works productively and harmoniously as a teammate with Copywriters and production/producers who share the responsibility on the given assignment.
- Collaborates with Copywriter and Information Architects in concepting and ideation.
- Presents concepts to other departments if necessary and revises concepts according to comments.
- Updates recommendations based on any client comments and shares approved recommendations with all departments.
- Works with CAOR on creative needs.
- Gives input when images are scanned for high resolution and retouching.
- Meets with project management to review work in progress and selects desired concepts.
- Submits work to senior leadership for review and approval.
Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience within digital and print marketing or a comparable industry.
- Must have experience with direct mail and print advertising.
- Art education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred.
- Portfolio is required to demonstrate creative and technical skills.
- Demonstrated judgment and imagination for the creation and arrangement of the visual elements of an advertisement.
- Experience with online content (websites, email, interactive tools, search).
- Comfortable presenting to clients
- Experience with Responsive design is a plus.
- Must be skilled in art techniques as well as computer proficient.
- Previous experience as an Art Director/Associate Art Director preferred.
- Experience in emerging platforms (mobile, tablets, etc) is a plus.
- Skilled in art techniques as well as computer proficient.
- Motivated, self-starter with an action oriented and can-do attitude.
- Capable of juggling multiple projects, sticking to deadlines and ensuring high-quality error-free output.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
AT MRM, RELATIONSHIP IS OUR MIDDLE NAME.
MRM//McCann is a leading customer relationship agency that leverages the power of creativity, the beauty of data, and the magic of technology to nurture, encourage and sustain strong relationships between brands and their customers – in turn, creating meaningful experiences for people, while driving business results.
We employ the most innovative talent in the industry to digitally drive the transformation of our clients’ businesses and provide creative solutions to help brands grow meaningful relationships with people.
Do you excel when working in a team? Are you fascinated by the endless possibilities that technology brings to marketing? Are you ready to transform our world?
If so, you will thrive in our culture based on the Important Things We Believe (I.T.W.B.s):
- Ideas power everything
- We’re Better Together We’ll figure it out
- Complexity can be managed
- It only counts if we deliver
- Technology is magic