Art Director OgilvyLondon, England, GB
A day in the life of...
You're the design heart of the content studio, taking visual briefs from ideation to creation. You work with copywriters, journalists, picture editors and content strategists to create compelling content for our clients. You'll also oversee external visual content creation, such as animation or data visualisation.
You'll be on the hunt for new opportunties too, looking for ways to make additional revenue for the business through content initiatives that go beyond the day to day briefs.
We rely on you to...
Art direct/design/concept the following:
- Online banners
- Email - both implementation and template creation
- Social content
- DM Print: Brochures, leaflets, mail packs
- Simple video (eg one camera social films):
And also to
- Deliver work on time and in budget
- Articulate and 'sell' ideas to client
- Work with CDs/director of content to ensure work ladders up to strategy, is on brand and 'content first' in its approach
You are great at...
- Expertise in social and content art direction, including short form video
- Ability to unpack and, where neccessary, challenge a brief
- Excellent typography and layout skills
- Expert in Adobe CS5 Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and related tools.
- Ability to manage and prioritise projects and tasks.
- Good interpersonal and presenting skills (client-facing)
- Good team player
- Contacts book of external content creators (eg data visualisation experts, illustrators etc)
- Up to date with the latest trends in branded content