Art Director Pedro Gomes DesignAveiro, PT
Driven by great challenges, we create business value by integrating both Industrial Design, Branding and Marketing know-how into a global process that puts people in the center to build winning executive creative strategies and to successfully implement them on the market. We’re a team of passionate people that shares common values and goals and that strives to be genuinely better every day. As both individuals and as a team.
As you probably already figured, our goals have grown even bigger and we are now expanding our team. If you have a strong mindset and talent and if you share a passion of building a better tomorrow, have a read into what we prepared for you and see if you got what it takes to join us.
We look forward to hearing from you soon, The PGD team.
About the role
Seniority Level: Senior
Employment Type: Full time
We’re looking for a super talented, strategy-driven Art Director who is passionate about creating brands that build meaningful relationships with people.
By leading the Branding team, you’ll foster one of the 3 fundamental pillars of our holistic approach and you’ll have the exciting responsibility to build, articulate and propel a vision conceived within our 360º strategic approach.
Daily dedication, collaborative spirit, and restless determination are key when building and navigating a pathway that turns complex problems into comprehensive solutions.
What will you do?
- Exciting opportunity to create a vision that better crystallizes our 360º Brand strategy into tangible and successful solutions.
- Manage complexity and build clarity to guide both internal and external teams in the creative process from conception to completion.
- Be ready to be full hands-on. We’re strong advocates of learning by doing and by leading by example.
- Work alongside our Holistic Creative Lead to better understand and effectively build a bridge that connects Branding, Marketing, and Industrial Design expertise.
- Manage interactions with clients and partners to build clarity and ensure on-time, exceptional work.
- Responsible to build consistent design systems that solve problems at scale and propel brands into a brighter future.
- Participate in the consolidation of our internal processes.
What do we expect from you?
- 6+ Years professional experience with, at least, 4 years driving Branding Art Direction and leading Designers in a creative agency/studio.
- You have a curious passion for how great Branding can drive real & scalable impact.
- Your portfolio demonstrates an extensive track record of successful results, conceptualizing and developing meaningful Brand identities, physical and digital Brand assets that support compelling stories and empower defined Business, Brand, Marketing, Product Strategies.
- You are assertive and naturally inspire an energetic and collaborative spirit within a team.
- You like to challenge the obvious and disrupt the status-quo internally and with our clients.
- You have a sharp eye, a great sense of details and a strong brand/graphic culture.
- You have a user-centric approach and you highly focus on clarity and usability along with desirability in the creative process.
- Organized and able to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, results-oriented context.
- Proactive, self-directed and naturally keen on developing new competencies autonomously.
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication skills.
- High proficiency in Adobe Suite is required (Illustrator, Photoshop, Indesign…).
- You are fluent in both spoken and written English.
- Experience in art direction for motion graphics and animated content is a plus.
Interest and good notions of photography, filming, and storyboarding are very appreciated.
What do we offer/Opportunity
Culture, Mindset and Work:
- You will join an inspiring work environment located in the center of Aveiro and integrate an international (India, France, Portugal) driven, dynamic and supportive team.
- You will have the exciting opportunity to lead Branding Art Direction in our cross-industry projects, working with an ultra collaborative mindset for innovative and forward-thinking clients based in Portugal and across the globe.
- Together with our clients, we understand the power of design to lead positive change in the world. Using our core expertise and international reach, our long-term vision is to help bring meaningful and sustainable impact in our society. We are already involved across different verticals and we look forward to welcoming you. It's just the beginning.
- You will have the unique opportunity to join us in an exponential growth phase, and be part of our internal and external transformation. It’s an exciting and promising opportunity to help us drive an ambitious vision!
- Today always better than yesterday. Following our Kaizen mindset & culture, you will be empowered to grow exponentially in your own expertise and to learn and develop new complementary competencies!
- Salary proportional to your expertise
- Monthly gym subscription
- Access to intensive training programs (we plan to run 4 internal trainings programs per year, run by some of the best experts in topics of high relevance for our industry!
If our vision resonates with your ambitions, we really look forward to seeing your creative application.
Up for the challenge?
Tell us your story (be creative & bold on how you do it). Here are some topics we think are important but feel free to add / build on top so you can reflect your true value / purpose / objectives:
- What do you expect in your next leap?
- Why do you want to work with us? What is the value you can bring?
- What really excites you? What is your passion? What type of work would you like to work on in the future?
- Give us a broad view of the type of work / responsibility you had in your previous experiences.
- Select one or two case studies and show in depth your process and thinking (we are very process / strategy driven so understanding your thinking is core for us).
- Great personality and mindset are essential for us; so make your application personal, genuine and unique.
Overall, think of this as your first challenge and how you can surprise us!
This is time
We’ve been designing, strategizing, geeking and building up during the past 5 years and we couldn’t have asked for a more challenging and exciting journey.
We’re in the middle of an exponential curve of momentum and excited to share that we’re closer than ever to show what we’ve been doing to the world.
We cannot tell you much yet but we know you’re curious so we decided to take you through the tip of the iceberg down on our website.
To apply, please follow our website job link.