Art Director Spot.IMTel Aviv, IL
We help online communities prosper
Spot.IM's mission is to create technology that empowers media publishers, preserve the free press, and build meaningful communities for millions of people across the web. Started in 2012, we are the leader in community-based technology products and our software helps the world’s biggest online publishers form independent communities around their content, empowering engagement and social interactions over the open web. We connect millions of unique users a month across leading media publishers including NBC, Sky Media, Fox News, Oath, News Corp, and Time Inc. At the end of November 2017, Spot.IM closed a Series-C round of $25MM with Insight Ventures, one of the world’s most successful institutional investors, with a focus on growing our world-class team and product stack.
Art Director - What You’ll Do:
- Be the main creative voice and design architect of the Spot.IM brand and technology products while collaborating with the CEO, VP Product, and R&D leads to create both new product design/UX and improve existing features as well
- Establish and implement company-wide design concepts, guidelines and strategies across both the Spot.IM brand and consumer-facing products
- Perform hands-on UI and UX design including identifying user behavior, creating wireframes, mockups, user flows, prototypes, and design specifications necessary to build intuitive, beautiful user experiences across web & mobile platforms
- Analyze data and conduct usability sessions with real users, once a product is launched.
- Help build and manage a design team, implement design metrics, and track design data and user experience data to regularly iterate and improve the user experience
- Evangelize design at Spot.IM by sharing your passion and design knowledge across the company!
The Skills and Experience You Bring:
- Extensive experience in a creative technology UI/UX design leadership role with an emphasis on creating beautiful and intuitive B2C products - Community-oriented products a major plus.
- Experience developing and managing consumer technology product and marketing programs in a fast-paced integrated technology marketing environment
- Excellent knowledge and experience working with software such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign etc.
- World-class team-building and management skills combined with excellent collaboration skills with different areas of the business
- An appreciation of startup culture and the challenges of working in a dynamic fast-paced environment
- A willingness to roll up your sleeves and perform hands on design work along your teammates including wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, brand standards, and more
The Spot.IM Culture
We offer a dynamic and unconventional work environment that spans from NYC to Tel Aviv, bringing together a diverse group of world class and high-caliber techies, entrepreneurs, and inventors. We empower every individual on our global team to be a catalyst for change in this dynamic digital world and we strive to create a work environment where our team can have the utmost autonomy over their roles and own their projects, start to finish. If you want to join a VC-backed tech firm, challenge yourself, have the freedom to own your work, and make a lasting impact on our growing organization, then you have a spot within our growing community!