Art Director SpotifyStockholm, SE
We’re searching for an Art Director/graphic designer to join our Editorial Design team. Editorial Design is part of Central Design in Spotify and are working across organisations with Product, Brand, Marketing, and the Content teams. We are setting global design standards for how we package content (music, videos and podcasts) in product. We are looking for someone either in NYC or Stockholm.
What you’ll do
- Work with small multi-disciplinary teams. You’ll partner closely with Program managers, Editors, Producers and the Brand and Marketing team to create elegant and practical solutions to design challenges. Together, you’ll solve problems and come up with solutions that delight our users.
- Lead design projects across the entire content lifecycle and multiple product launches. You set the vision for the user experience and create the space for others to collaborate.
- You create multiple ideas and use creative storytelling techniques to inspire teams around you.
- Be autonomous. You’ll take full ownership of your work, and you take responsibility for every last detail, every step of the way.
Who you are
- You’re a system thinking designer finishing your Master/+5 years of related experience, working on brand identity and design at scale and are an incredible designer with a strong attention to detail.
- You’re a great communicator. You have the communication skills to help set up frameworks and brainstorm initial design concepts.
- You get nervous if you’re not sketching concepts or polishing the designs that represent the big-thinking work. Your head is in the clouds while your feet are on the ground.
- You have a people-focused design mentality. Even though you have incredible skills, you are constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback. Whether through hands-on user research, or by designing options for an A/B test.
- You have a passion for music and culture and aren’t afraid to push the boundaries of what’s possible in digital design.
- A link to your online portfolio, or a PDF, is required. Applications without a portfolio are unlikely to be considered.
- You are able to provide a brief explanation in your application of why you are excellent for this role, while highlighting your portfolio
- You have the experience of working in multiple markets and regions, especially Asian and Latin American.
We’re looking for product designers to join us at multiple levels. We will have an open discussion throughout the interview process about assessing which level you fall within at Spotify.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of changing the way the world listens to music.