Art Director Sunday RileyHouston, Texas, US
[ Art Director - Editorial ]
The Sunday Edit is looking for an experienced senior editorial designer for its print publication. The ideal candidate will be driven, hard-working, and creative. The candidate must be collaborative, yet self-sufficient. They must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, take direction, work independently and adhere to quick-turn around deadlines. They will be responsible for two issues a year. This role is based in Houston, TX and will report to the Editorial Director and CEO.
- Develop creative identity for The Sunday Edit magazine. Create and design dynamic editorial pages (feature stories, packages, and front- and back-of-book pages) for the print magazine and our print publication offshoots.
- Design and create innovative, visually engaging, and on-brand illustrations, charts, maps, infographics, etc. From creating and storyboarding ideas, to managing them through to publication including concept, on set art direction and design execution.
- Find ways to tell stories graphically and in unconventional and non-linear ways.
- Manage individual page production, pagination and shipping.
- Partner with Editorial Director, Visuals Editor and the Edit team on story development and visual concepts, including cover art.
- Works with Visuals Editor to create new and original content by prop shopping and helping style location shoots.
- Works with pre-press vendor to review color correction.
- Work within budget and on time with cross-functional stakeholders.
- Ability to work efficiently while juggling multiple responsibilities and assignments under strict deadlines.
- Stay up to date with industry trends and new ideas and have the ability to interpret these into relevant creative.
- 5+ years of experience in print publication
- Experience in digital design and After Effects a plus