Art Director The Digital FairyLondon, England, GB
The Digital Fairy need an Art Director who will work full-time in-house on all of our projects.
This role will sit above all divisions and report into the management team. An AD will lead and communicate insight, innovation, visual direction, creative and strategic ideas for production, design, branding, website design, animation, content and campaigns concepts. Whilst working across the whole company, you will specifically support and harness the creativity within our design and content teams.
You would be working across campaign projects to develop unique creative work, whilst continually looking to refresh, improve and update the look and feel of retained clients to ensure that we are adding value to long term relationships
We are looking for someone who is dynamic and creative, someone with an incredible imagination, strong knowledge of design and loads of vision. This person will have impeccable attention to detail. They will be able to analyse trends and won’t be afraid to be critical and challenging to get the highest results possible.
- Quality Control – you will be responsible for the standard of visual output across the agency and all of its departments, ensuring we are meeting the client, project and agency expectations and KPIs. You will elevate and maintain a visual tone for the company
- Leading Ideation – Together with our Creative Strategist you will lead ideation and inspire the team to input through strong communication, management, idea sessions and workshops. You will lead the presentation of ideas alongside our Creative Strategist
- Process – Constantly working with the wider team to improve processes within our agile delivery methods
- Strategy – Whilst you’re focused on the aesthetics you will also have a strategic and process-lead approach, communicating with clarity and using insights/research to inform everything you do. You will be obsessed with the result
- Team Management – You will be comfortable directing and leading our internal and outsourced creative teams, confidently challenging them, whilst providing motivation, support and guidance to ensure a high standard of work and morale
- Own Brand – Responsible for the art direction of the companies own branding and marketing materials
- Creative Check Ins – You will be aware of all clients/projects which you are creatively responsible for. You will lead refresher meetings for all retainer clients to ensure that we are constantly refreshing their aesthetic and retaining our value as their creative agency
- New Business – You will contribute to new business pitches and meetings. You identify NB opportunities within our company and will work with our Management team on following leads/contacts
- Client Management – Equally, you won’t be afraid to challenge the brief or client. You will be present in the client process including briefing, meetings, project correspondence. Sometimes when it makes sense you will lead the comms for projects. You will work with our Business Manager to up-sell and ensure that we have as much project involvement as possible
- Recruitment – You will be involved with management and HR when hiring members of the creative team, as well as curating third party resource
- Research – As one of our main ‘creatives’ our work is partly a reflection of your vision, therefore you will always be learning about trends, tools, competition, processes, new fonts etc to stay ahead and inspired. You will share your knowledge with your peers
- Innovation – You will understand our competitor landscape and suggest innovative and disruptive ideas which align with our market positioning
- Network and Representation – Attend events on behalf of the company, and sometimes representing us by being a spokesperson for the agencies own marketing activity
- Training and Workshops – Working with our Business Manager and Creative Strategist to conduct internal creative workshops to inspire staff members