Art Director Tommy HilfigerAmsterdam, North Holland, NL
About the Company
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s leading designer lifestyle brands, internationally recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style. Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a breadth of collections including Hilfiger Collection, Tommy Hilfiger Tailored, men’s, women’s and kids’ sportswear, Tommy Hilfiger Denim, accessories, and footwear. In addition, the brand is licensed for a range of products, including fragrances, eyewear, watches and home furnishings. Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, has more than 17,000 associates worldwide and an extensive distribution network in over 115 countries and 1,600 retail stores. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were US $6.5 billion in 2015.
The in-house agency is a full service integrated creative agency, responsible for the activation of strategically-led creative concepts, editorial content and innovative digital solutions to support marketing and communications for PVH brands across Europe and International markets.
As creative guardians, we’re responsible for elevating and reflecting core brand values across every touch-point, adopting and maintaining an Omni-channel approach to everything we do.
Digital marketing and e-commerce are an integral part of our daily work; this includes online retail, editorial-style content, brand experiences, media and advertising, email marketing, CRM and social media platforms, along with bringing immersive, digital experiences to life in ‘bricks and mortar’ retail and showroom environments and embracing pioneering and innovative initiatives.
This is a hands-on role, where the Art Director is responsible for the origination of conceptual ideas and activation of content, leading and driving the creative process from brief through to delivery. This includes layouts, graphic design, directing shoots, managing external creative talent and partners, post-production, overseeing print, digital and video production, along with executing the brand online and supporting the E-commerce business.
As part of the Agency team, the Art Director is responsible for maintaining and adapting the seasonal look through all assigned projects, contributing to a cohesive visual message across all communications.
The role requires a strong understanding of on-set photographic and moving content production, with the ability to multi-task and to lead a project efficiently and effectively. The ability to innovate and execute visually compelling creative ideas is a must as is an understanding of how the marriage of content and commerce applies to all channels for the brand.
Fitting within a wider, integrated creative team, the role relies on a confident, energetic and experienced creative with a keen willingness to collaborate with and motivate others.
Versatility and flexibility is key to manage work through a complex approval process including reviewing work with the Creative Director, presenting to stakeholders and managing feedback with Project Management, Marketing and Product Development teams.
There may be also be the opportunity to work across other PVH brands.
- Must have a strong fashion aesthetic and proven creative experience, having worked for a fashion brand or agency, executing and delivering across all channels, especially digital/online.
- Good background knowledge of the Tommy Hilfiger customer and competitive brands.
- You’re a responsible team player, so please keep egos and tantrums at home.
- You’ll be good at juggling priorities and managing your time to achieve a balance of creativity and quality, whilst respecting timings and budgets.
- So, that calls for having a detailed eye with exceptional typography skills and creative flair to proactively offer innovative (but workable) creative solutions. You’ll combine your creativity with technical competency, accuracy and a faultless attention to detail.
- You’ll need solid experience in a fast-paced, high-traffic, creative studio.
- Shoot experience and the ability to direct talent is expected, along with competency with ALL Adobe Creative software and hands-on design skills.
- But just as important will be the personal qualities you bring to the role: confidence, motivation, credibility, strong communication, collaboration, with the ability to adapt to change and a willingness to bring the very best to the team.
- Tons of energy and a great team spirit are a must!
Important: Candidates must present a varied folio of creative work, showing conceptual thinking, art direction - including shoot and talent direction and execution across a range of platforms.