Art Director UnisonSan Francisco, California, US
Senior Art Director
Unison is seeking a highly-skilled Senior Art Director to join our Creative Services team. This position requires an exceptionally creative, focused, and collaborative individual who can work across the organization to fulfill a range of day-to-day graphic design needs. In this cross-functional role, you will interface with our Brand Marketing, Sales, and Business Development teams, among others, to deliver high-quality, compelling graphic design that is 100% “on-brand.”
Deliverables on which you'll be measured:
- Concept and design a wide array of creative assets including sales brochures, print collateral like ads, white papers, landing pages, event signage, business development presentations, business reports, and a broad range of other promotional and business collateral.
- Creative brief driven designer who understands how to deliver on-brief and on-brand.
- Collaborate with partners to develop concepts and strategic design ideas that can be effectively executed on-time and on-budget.
- Ensure a strong, recognizable, and relevant visual look for the brand is communicated and executed across all assets and is consistent with the Unison brand identity.
- Take direction from Creative Ops & Studio Director and execute per that overall viewpoint, while also providing additional options that offer a unique point of view to deliver on creative brief.
- Work with Creative Ops & Studio Director and Traffic & Production Manager to ensure concepts are budget-doable and schedules/timelines are met.
- Adapt and version existing creative materials for production delivery.
- Attend and participate in creative meetings and status, capture your actions, and complete follow-up tasks.
- Basic compositing and retouching.
- Maintain organized archive of art files.
Characteristics, skills, and experience to be successful:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education within Design/Arts field and/or Project Management
- 8+ years of experience at an agency or in-house graphic design department
- Expertise with industry-standard graphic design and digital art production tools for print and web media is essential with strong skills required in Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), as well as Acrobat
- In-depth knowledge of production processes in both print and digital media required
- Experience with various printed mediums and materials, including large format printing
- Proficient in building print-ready files with an acute attention to detail
- A master at organizing your project workflow; strong passion for excellence in graphic design, typography, and color
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, managing your workload to meet defined deadlines
- Great communication skills, flexibility, and a positive attitude are crucial
- Interpret creative briefs, distill information, and report up to Creative Ops & Studio Director
- Respond effectively and appropriately to creative feedback
Unison has created a smarter, better way to buy and own homes – one we call “home co-investing.” Unison HomeBuyer helps buyers get the home they want with less debt, typically by doubling the down payment. Unison HomeOwner provides current homeowners with cash without the monthly payment or added debt of a home equity loan or HELOC, and without the interest and fees typically attached to a reverse mortgage. In short, Unison is working to ensure the American dream can once again become reality.
Perks of the Unison employee include: competitive salaries, 100% paid medical and dental benefits, generous PTO policy, paid parental leave program, and a fantastic downtown SF location, as well as being an integral part of a well-funded market leader with incredible momentum.
Recent Recognition & Press
- 2017 Unison was recognized as a leader in today’s financial technology space by winning three Benzinga Global Fintech Awards and the FinovateSpring ‘Best of Show’ Award.
- 2018 GoBankingRate included Unison on its list of ‘Startups to Watch in 2018’ and Bank Innovation added Thomas Sponholtz and Jim Riccitelli to its list of ‘Most Innovative CEOs in Banking.’
- In addition, the company raised over $300 million in total investment capital, experienced significant growth in headcount, and added industry veteran Ron Suber as an investor and strategic advisor.