Artworker MaesaNew York City, New York, US
Founded in 1997, Maesa provides innovative, high quality exclusive beauty products, driving value and differentiation for retailers and brand owners. Maesa operates three categories of business – exclusive brands for mass and drug retailers, private label for specialty retailers and outsourcing for beauty brands. Maesa partners with over 80 global customers such as Elizabeth Arden, L’Oreal, Parlux, Pottery Barn, Ralph Lauren, Sally Beauty, Target, Banana Republic, The Body Shop, Ulta, Walmart, and Zara. Launching over 3,000 proprietary products a year, Maesa delivers proprietary design, product development, speed-to-market, cost savings, and resource efficiencies. With offices in New York, Los Angeles, Paris, Vienna, Dubai, Hong Kong, and Dongguan, Maesa employs over 250 team members worldwide with over 110 employees in the US.
Maesa is currently seeking an detail oriented individual to join our team. This person will act as the liaison between the studio and other departments in order to efficiently manage the product to market timeline.
- Manage the development, production, and electronic workflow of packaging artwork for all program/brand packaging initiatives ensuring on time delivery of accurate and legally acceptable packaging artwork for relevant distribution.
- Communicate timelines and priorities with the Art Production studio, ensuring consensus of milestone dates from respective business units including Marketing, GBSC, Packaging, R&D, Copy, Design, Art Production, Regulatory, and Legal for on-time delivery of artwork.
- Obtain, review, and assess accuracy of all artwork data and required elements for artwork These include: die strike, copy, foreign language translations, design, color, and print specifications, photography, legal and regulatory information, and warnings.
- Review and confirm the accuracy of packaging templates; design standards, color and print specifications; photography; graphics; and copy.
- Proofread and approve all packaging artwork to ensure compliance with corporate standards and Global regulatory and labeling guidelines.
- Identify and resolve all artwork and timeline issues and negotiate with appropriate departments to develop tactical plans for project completion. Notify Director of critical issues and next steps.
- Liaise with Marketing, Packaging, R&D, Copy, Design, Art Production, Regulatory, and Legal throughout the process as they relate to artwork delivery inside the product to market timeline.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Have a passion for beauty.
- Minimum of 1 to 3 years work experience in beauty/cosmetic trafficking and/or marketing.
- Experience in a consumer packaged goods environment.
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast moving environment.
- Strong analytic, organizational and communication skills and the ability to work within a matrixed team both internally and externally.
- Attention to detail