Creative Director ExempleSydney, New South Wales, AU
Take a step up in your career and take ownership of your own branding and design studio within one of Sydney’s fastest up-and-coming Marketing and PR firms.
An incredibly rare opportunity has arisen to partner with a fast-growing team of marketing and creative experts who specialise in the hospitality, lifestyle and events sectors.
Example is a Sydney-based Marketing and PR firm that delivers fresh and innovative brand development, Marketing and PR solutions to a growing client list of national and international brands including: Jamie Oliver, Fairfax Media life & events (Good Food Month and City 2 Surf) Accor Hotels, Merivale and more.
We are now looking to develop a creative in-house studio and are seeking a top-level Creative/Art Director to join our ranks.
Based on equity share, the role is suitable for a “trailblazer” who is ready to take the reins of their own department and work diligently with us to drive the future of our fast-growing business.
Heading up the creative studio division, you will be responsible for conceptualising brand strategy, across a breadth of media, for a wide range of restaurants, bars, hotels, sports and cultural festivals.
You’ll also be responsible for driving the creative and art development of premium activations and events, integrated campaigns, as well as web design, social content and more.
You are an intelligent, talented and inspiring creative leader - one that is able to coalesce between traditional and new medias. You’re able to create outstanding branding and design solutions, from inception to execution. You thrive both in the studio and in client presentations.
You are also collaborative by nature, have a strong work ethic, not afraid to get your hands dirty and have the ability to juggle both a team and business direction at the same time.
A branding and design background — with a portfolio that covers a broad aspect of integrated creative campaigns, retail fit outs, digital and social — would be the best fit. Your portfolio will also showcase a refined visual aesthetic across crafted designs, branding, beautiful clean typographic, and editorial solutions for print and digital media. Agency& hospitality experience with those considered “best in market” is an added bonus.
- Work closely with clients; listen to their needs and articulate their goals, and requirements, into inspiring creative briefs.
- Examine all aspects of a design problem and create thoughtful, viable, and unexpected creative solutions.
- Develop strong strategic and creative brief responses to new and exciting opportunities from start to finish across all creative strategy aspects, as well as play a key role in the pitch & presentation stage.
- Drive new business.
- Deliver outstanding storytelling design concepts that engage and inspire from scope of works through to delivery.
- Help lead, support and execute all creative processes. You will lead creative think tanks, work with creative collaborators, and present these ideas through mood boards, presentations and videos.
- Appoint and collaborate other creatives such as photographers, videographers, writers, illustrators, digital developers.
- Act as the catalyst between ideas and concepts, and find the best way to meet the client's needs with compelling, innovative creative executions.
- Write copy that connects directly with an audience.
- Be a sponge for industry trends, sharing insights and inspiration with the agency at large.
- Encourage curiosity, strive to continually increase the quality of the creative output of the agency.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience within a similar Senior Creative Designer role, working for a brand and design agency.
- Ability to build and recruit your own team as well as mentor, direct, train and develop (including external resources).
- A compelling portfolio of distinctive work that demonstrates exceptional art direction within a variety of campaigns and projects (hospitality an added bonus).
- Experience as a generalist with hands-on work in Graphic Design, Copywriting and Art.
- Experience with all aspects of creative development including typography, photography, graphic design, content development, experiential, illustration and copywriting.
- Experience across the full design process including brainstorming, creative conceptualising, art-working, and digital design.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills (added bonus would be strong copywriting skills). Friendly, and is able to work collaboratively across channels and departments.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and excited by the challenges that come along with building a disruptive business.
- Possesses a knowledge and passion for brand communication and digital marketing
- A strategic thinker, that doesn’t shy away from client / brand communication challenges, and provides appropriate creative solutions.
- Has the desire to positively contribute to the sustainable growth and culture of the agency.
- Excels at presenting, pitching, developing proposals, and the entire creative process.
- Ideas-driven, with high design standards, and an ability to achieve creative excellence.
- Experience across a range of sectors that may include communications in retail, luxury, property, consumer goods, fashion, health and lifestyle.
What you'll get in return.
- A chance to lead your own creative division as a partner with an equity stake.
- Excellent career progression.
- A chance to work with highly desirable clients, seeing your brands come to life in hospitality venues, national festivals, events and more.
- An opportunity to build and mentor your own team.
- A competitive salary and great benefit package.
Intrested? If any of the above sounds like it could be the right match for you, please apply by emailing your portfolio showing your branding experience (preferrably in the retail/hospitality sector) to andy(at)weareexample.com.au. Applications will not be accepted if a portfolio is not included.