Creative Director frogMadrid, ES
Join us to do the best work of your life.
At frog we are united by our shared passion for outcomes that transform the human experience. We accomplish these outcomes by taking on complex challenges, big asks, and things that have never been done before. We look beyond point solutions and apply design to the creation of new strategies, systems, and—in some cases—entirely new businesses. We know that takes all types of people. We believe that diverse backgrounds and experiences creates a stronger frog.
Our work is transformational because our people are extraordinary. frogs are analytical and artistic, conservative and unconventional, technical and whimsical. We look for hybrid talents and build teams around divergent expertise, which allows us to solve problems and uncover opportunities in unique ways. frogs are some of the best talent in the world, and together we advance the human experience through design.
The Position: Creative Director
This Creative Director position requires a deep understanding of the user experience around large scale, omni-channel software products and services for enterprise, consumer, and B2B markets in a wide variety of industry domains (e.g. Telco, Financial Services, Retail, Healthcare, Automotive, etc.). We are looking for a profoundly engaged and experienced leader to spearhead new creative and strategic thinking for projects involving large software ecosystems and service user experiences for Enterprise.
Serving as the dedicated design lead for one of frog’s largest enterprise customers, the Creative Director should have deep experience and practical expertise in enterprise software user experience design from research and concepting, to detailed design and development in an agile process. Real-world experience is required of bringing products to market, and continuing an ongoing innovation cycle with a client account, based on usage metrics data analysis, customer feedback, market results, and a long-term vision. This role will require a combination of UX design thought-leadership and business acumen, and require experience with strategic envisioning of new products & services around existing offerings, emerging technologies, and IP. The Creative Director will be an active participant in business development activities, developing overall account strategy and defining new programs with engineering and business development partners. Travel is expected, given the need for collaboration with distributed client teams, frog teams, and partners.
The Creative Director will also help set the bar for quality and innovation in our studios. A balanced understanding of strategy, usability, interaction design, software front-end development, platform trends, and software UX visual design is a must. The Creative Director will also mentor, guide, and provide support for members of the design team, and be an advocate for needs of the design team to the other groups. Experience lecturing and writing about design is preferred.
This leadership role requires articulating strong visions and strategies, as well as the following:
- Team leadership (direction, motivation and articulation)
- Diverse industry domain insights and expertise
- Active participation in Business Development
- Proposal creation and (pitch) presentation to clients to win competitive bids
- Project ideation and approach definition
- Outstanding communication and collaboration skills with teams located in other regions
- Working with a wide variety of other disciplines across organizations and partners
- Coordination of overall creative processes
- Design advocacy (to clients and partners up to executive level)
- Resource and personnel management (internally)
- Hands-on design and problem solving
- Refined and confident client contact
Someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point. You bring to the organization the following competencies:
- Required: BFA or BA in related field, Graduate degree in Media or Design preferred
- 10+ years of design experience (Significant agency / studio experience preferred)
- 5+ years managerial experience
- 5+ years designing enterprise software
- Demonstrable strategic thinking on client projects
- Ability to articulate complex solutions clearly
- Quick-thinking, personable, flexible
- Keen sense of humor
- Current working knowledge of design applications
- Awareness and practical understanding of current technologies, and their application and relevance to digital media and consumer consumption
Qualified candidates must include an online or PDF portfolio with their application.
Please apply in English.