Creative Director Scholastic TradeNew York City, New York, US
Scholastic Trade is seeking to hire a collaborative Creative Director to join the world’s largest children’s publisher, lead a talented team and develop integrated marketing campaigns for outstanding titles and franchises.
The purpose of this position is to lead the creative strategy and development of marketing campaigns for Scholastic’s book group. This includes ideating, developing and executing holistic brand creative including video, print, display, and digital.
This is a newly created role designed to drive stronger integration of holistic ideas and help to build out the team with cross channel expertise and talent.
While a good portion of the role does involve traditional platforms, there is a particular emphasis to grow digital video and social content and to be a partner to our brand marketing leads in collaborating on campaign thematic and direction.
In this role, you’ll provide oversight and guidance in brand creative development in key areas, including but not limited to:
- Fully integrated marketing campaigns - around key titles and franchises, from concept to completion, targeting multiple audiences (industry trade, parents, kids and fans)
- Support of brand and franchise identity across all platforms
- Develop creative marketing content, such as print, video, activations, and digital
- Digital development by guiding and collaborating with partners in website design and online marketing and social media
- Tradeshow development and design, collaborating with internal production resources
- Manage internal creative team and specialized vendors (copywriters, editors, illustrators, production houses, agencies, etc.) to deliver great work, on schedule and within budget
- Inspire best-in-class work from marketing campaigns to retail activations
- Ability to think big, but ensure understanding of how to scale ideas and translate messages across touch points
- Collaborate with Marketing partners, Publicists, Senior Leadership and Cross-functional teams to create and execute compelling marketing communications and experiences
- Align with creative partners in Editorial, Marketing, Publicity, and Digital/Multi-platform to ensure strategic, on-brand, relevant creative ideas and assets
- Partner with lead Marketing Directors to develop creative solutions that best address marketing strategies and key business initiatives
- Prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment for self and direct reports
- Drive the creative process for self and direct reports and create an inspiring and motivating work environment
How you can fit
- BA in Advertising/Communications, Design or similar field 10 - 15 years in brand design and advertising. A portfolio demonstrating design excellence
- Some agency experience is a plus
- Strong leader – managing teams and the creative voice for Scholastic titles
- Knowledge and experience in Kid Advertising space required
- Management of Creative team required
- Experience with commercial and video productions, especially kid-targeted
- Experience with digital and social media
- Must be able to communicate, present, and influence
Note: For serious consideration please attach a copy of your resume and include a link to a portfolio demonstrating kids experience. Cover letters are appreciated, but not required.