Creative Director Too FacedIrvine, California, US
Are you ready to paint the world Pink?Too faced is looking for a highly skilled and exceptional creative, with a minimum of 3 years managing a small team.This position requires someone with an extensive range of print and digital design experience specifically working within events, marketing and ecommerce (preferred).The Graphic Design Manager will play an integral part in helping to bring the brand to life through event graphics, branded collateral, educational materials and digital web and email assets, but to name a few.The ideal candidate will hold a portfolio of gorgeous typography, exquisite color sense, impeccable layout, and showcase campaign creative across a range of multiple media disciplines.They must also possess very strong attention to detail, leadership abilities, and have previous beauty experience (preferred).This person will work collaboratively with the Senior Creative Staff for creative direction, but should also be comfortable working independently and with their team, on projects from inception to execution (when required).
The position is based at the Too Faced Corporate Headquarters in Irvine, California. Remote work is not an option.
Please include URL with portfolio samples along with resume / CV for consideration
This is how you work it:
- Work closely with the project management team to map out all design projects assigned to the team. This will include but not be limited to: overseeing timelines, meeting deadlines/budgets, meeting quality standards and seeing projects through from inception to completion.
- Manage the schedules of their team members, making sure everyone is working proactively, efficiently and collaboratively
- Give team members art direction on their tasks and review projects before being shown to senior staff for review
- Keep a consistent and open line of communication with cross functional departments in order to meet artwork and deadline expectations
- Work with team to concept, create and deliver a strong design solution across various branded materials including but not limited to event booth, signage, digital assets, brochures, presentations, window graphics, web and email assets for campaigns, digital banners and some visual merchandizing work when needed
- Maintain and further elevate the brand aesthetic across all print and digital touch-points, including the production of asset guides per launch
- Set standards and expectations, being a role model for the team
- Always ensuregraphics produced support a strong, focused, brand vision
- Ensure the preparation of final files for production are done accuratelyand that all creative produced meets all brief requirements, this includes but is not limited to correct dimensions, resolution, file formats and die-lines
- Evaluate successes/failures of the team and determine next steps and improvements as needed
- Present concepts in group settings, to senior and executive staff members, and relay all feedback back to team members appropriately
- Organize and maintain project and digital archives.
- Lead contributor to group brainstorms
- Ability to focus colleagues on goals and objectives
- Research design trends and push the creative thinking of their team
- Be able to translate user experience and interface design knowledge to the team
This is what you're made of:
- BA or B.F.A. in Graphic Design
- 7+ years Graphic Design experience within an in-house, design or agency setting mandatory. Experience in the beauty/fashion industry preferred
- 3-5 years of Management experience
- Expertise in pre-press and print production mandatory
- Expertise in digital design – website, email and digital ads – with good understanding of HTML, responsive design
- Someone with beautiful illustration skills preferred
- Proven record of leading a team and developing great talent
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite: Creative Cloud InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop mandatory
- 3D imaging software knowledge (Sketchup) a plus
- Must be a self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
- Image manipulation/retouch and color correction skills a plus
- Creative, collaborative team player, and able to contribute ideas in group settings
- Exemplary organizational skills, with a high attention to detail
- Experience working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work multiple projects simultaneously and meet due dates in timely manner
- Have strong presentation skills
- Experience using Wrike project management software is a plus
Please include URL with portfolio samples along with resume / CV for consideration.