Design Director AppleSanta Clara, California, US
As a member of the Marcom Interactive team, the Manager of Interactive Graphic Production leads a team of Production Leads and Production Artists to create pixel-perfect web graphics, spearheads process improvement initiatives, and collaborates with Producers, Creatives, and Developers to ensure visual design and quality standards are met across all digital deliverables.
- Highly detail oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel.
- Able to motivate the team and communicate with colleagues using strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to establish rapport, collaborate with designers, and problem solve with web / email engineers.
- Thrives in a challenging, fast-paced web publishing workplace.
- Resourceful, adaptable, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
- Savvy in the formal elements of design, including typography, layout, balance, and proportion.
- Excellent organization, mentoring, communication, collaboration skills.
Collaborate with Production Designers and Developers to structure Photoshop comps to optimize efficient production and localization workflows using slices, smart objects, and layer comps. Work closely with producers, traffic, development, publishing, and international teams to meet project goals and ensure efficient file handoffs for localization. Finding production solutions through testing and research. Update product imagery and UI elements in Photoshop comps, output web graphics, track and check in web graphics using a version control system. Review final webpages and HTML email with an exacting eye, ensuring that graphics and layouts are flawless. Support training of newer team members.
Bachelor's degree in web or graphic design, or equivalent experience is preferred.
Manage a team of Production Leads and pool of vendor-based Production Artists, foster an environment that supports collaboration and continuous improvement, and ensure quality standards are met Staff projects appropriately by understanding the work required, assessing resource needs, and bringing on new team members Partner with Content Production team (hardware photography, screens, lifestyle) to optimize appearance, format, organization, timeliness, and integration of content deliverables Ensure optimal structuring, formatting, and distribution of files to other internal departments and localization teams Ensure process, technical, and Apple brand, typography, and graphic quality standards are met by marketing agencies Identify and spearhead opportunities for process, design, file format, and technical improvements