Design Director Basic AgencyMountain View, California, US
You’re seasoned, a great leader, and ready to direct design efforts for one of the greatest brands on earth.
Design is your business. Direction is your focus. Guidance is your way. You believe the details matter and you’re able to quickly solve complex problems. You design first and foremost and you love your craft.
Intuition influences your approach and strategy guides it. You collaborate, you lead, you contribute. You bring world-class skills across experience design, content strategy, and visual design together to create experiences that deeply connect with people. You believe in innovation and progression, but not at the sacrifice of the audience or business. You also inspire and influence those around you to do the best work of their lives.
Emphasis on design, digital experience, eCommerce, and content for lifestyle, fashion, entertainment, and technology categories.
* No recruiters please!
Please Note - We sincerely appreciate your interest in BASIC. Due to a high number of applicants, we can only respond directly to those who best qualify and meet the specific criteria and standards of our roles.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to lead a team of 15+ creatives, working on-site in Mountain View with a team of 40+ talented people.
- Design and set standards for our efforts.
- Collaborate with the team to drive several large-scale digital projects to completion including websites, branding, content, and more.
- Inspire the client as well as your team to define and align on a collective vision.
- Establish direction, craft guidelines, build presentation materials, and even assist with production and delivery when required.
- Be a leader, putting the client and your team before yourself.
- Bring a point-of-view with fresh perspectives as well as an open and curious mind in everything you do.
- Work with little process in place, solving problems by being optimistic and proactive.
What You'll Bring
- 7+ years of design and interactive work for leading brands.
- Confidence and talent when it comes to presenting to stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong knowledge of visual design, user-centered experience design, interaction design, brand development, and the creative process.
- A love for typography, interaction, traditional graphic design, and technology.
- Skills in modern design and prototyping tools.
- Ability to lead internal teams with strategic vision and creative inspiration.
- A solid point-of-view and a collaborative nature.
- An entrepreneurial and independent spirit.
- A diverse sense of taste with the knowledge necessary to apply to various challenges.
- Passion for hardware, AI, and technology products.
What You'll Get
- 401K matching.
- Full benefits including medical, dental, and vision.
- Paid holidays and vacation.
- A great atmosphere dedicated to doing what we love.
Love the hustle.
We collaborate with ambitious brands and people; we’d love to build something great together.