Design Director BIRKENSTOCKKöln, North Rhine-Westphalia, DE
BIRKENSTOCK is a global footwear brand that stands for quality, function and all-round well-being. The historic roots of this long-standing family-run company can be traced back to the year 1774. Nowadays, the product portfolio comprises sandals and closed shoes, accessories, natural cosmetics as well as beds and sleep systems. With more than 4,300 employees, BIRKENSTOCK is the German shoe industry’s largest employer. BIRKENSTOCK has 13 locations in Germany, with company headquarters in Neustadt (Wied) and privately owned distribution companies in Europe, Asia and the USA.
For our division Product Management, at our location in Köln we are looking for a
Head of Design (m/w/d)
- The beating heart behind Birkenstock’s success story is and always will be:
the footbed. And our recent rise to fashionability shows that such a solid
foundation opens up endless possibilities for creative development as well
as collaboration. And that’s where you come into the picture:
- Never losing sight of our brands’ essence, you are consistently and productively
able to challenge the status quo, strive for new and exciting looks
and solutions and think out of the box in a way that merges functionality
- As the creative mind behind our global design team you will take on
professional leadership, inspire your co-workers, develop concepts and
ideas, manage the design team and realise design projects in cooperation
with various stakeholders (e. g. Development, Product Line Management
and Prototyping) right up to the successful product launch.
- Your daily business is as demanding as it is multifaceted. You oversee and
manage the design team regarding research and market trend analysis,
develop and elaborate your concepts with a strong focus on functional
innovativeness (soles, upper patterns, material, color etc.), and prepare design
packs (style sheets, material specifications, dimensions and detailing
of uppers and soles) as well as prototypes together with the team.
Required Skills, Experience, Background:
- Degree or apprenticeship in (Industrial) Design, Fashion or the Arts
- Long years of relevant working experience
- Specialised in shoe construction & design and excellent technical knowhow
- Fluent in English
- Superb communication and collaboration skills, resilient and persuasive
- Long-term entrepreneurial mind-set with a strong focus on brand
BIRKENSTOCK offers you all the advantages of a successful, fast growing, global company: dynamic work environment, considerable design freedom, authentic and open corporate culture and excellent development opportunities. Sounds exciting? It is. We are looking forward to receiving your online application, stating your salary expectations!
If you have any further question, please contact Katharina Ostermann +49 2683 9359 1639.