Design Director EventMobiToronto, Ontario, CA
Who/What is EventMobi?
EventMobi is changing the way event planners create, market and manage their events, as well as how attendees around the world experience conferences and trade shows using their smartphones and tablets. Clients like Motorola, Ralph Lauren, Nestle, and Intel have used EventMobi to enhance the attendee experience at their events.
At EventMobi we get a kick out of creating amazing experiences for all of our clients and ensuring maximum ROI for their organization from their use of our products. Everyone from our CEO to our developers is focused on the success of our customers at EventMobi. EventMobi is a place where you will be encouraged to learn everyday in order to enhance your skillset and expertise and grow as a professional in your field.
If you are interested in checking out EventMobi's Platform please click the link attached: https://eventmobi.wistia.com/medias/919mqb87j9
We’re looking for a Design Director to lead Design at EventMobi, and if you are passionate about owning the entire end-to-end customer experience from our brand, and marketing to our visual language on our product, and all of the macro and micro interactions in between let’s chat! This is a very fast-paced role, and we need energetic, creative individuals looking for an opportunity to jump onboard with a fast growing company, lead a growing design team, and be the driver in design thinking at EventMobi.
What impact will you have?
- Own the brand, help refine our visual communication, how we present ourselves and our design consistency across the company from marketing, to product & UX
- Manage the direction and growth of our Product Design Team, our Branding & Marketing Design team as well as our strategic Usability & UX team
- Leading the design practice, facilitate workshops, inspire our designers, provide mentorship and build the design culture internally and externally
- Strategic design roadmap in elevating our customers experience with every interaction of our marketing content (ads, collateral, events, websites), products and more
- Having a knack for leading process and workflow refinement for our designers
- Define critical design KPIs, metrics, and business outcomes that create success for the organization.
What will you bring to the team?
- A strong portfolio showcasing your past work
- Minimum 7 years of hands-on design experience (whether brand/marketing or digital products)
- Experience hiring, growing, mentoring designers
- Experience working in a product focused organization vs agencies & consultancies
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple teams as well as executive leadership
- Comfortable in a very fast-paced environment with high degrees of autonomy
What will you get from EventMobi?
- We offer an experience of a life-time working with a dynamic, open-minded and diverse team, who are excited to come to work every day and passionate about what they do and the clients they help
- A great office at Queens Quay with amazing views of the lake
- Competitive salary, subsidized health care plans with dental, vision, drug coverage
- Team building events and trips
- A wellness account providing reimbursement on transit passes, fitness equipment, house cleaning and dry cleaning
- Full kitchen stocked with coffee and snacks to keep you nourished
- Quarterly team events
- EventMobi sports teams - right now dodgeball, soccer and softball are our thing
- Foosball, ping pong, massage chair for your down time
- Discounted Goodlife membership
- A great culture with much more along the way!