Design Director Grimshaw ArchitectsLondon, England, GB
Grimshaw Architects London, UK are looking for an experienced Design Manager to join the Practice and help deliver one of the country’s most exciting aviation projects. The role will be primarily focused on providing strategic support to ensure the efficient management of the project and working toward reducing project risk and support the team with delivering the project on time and to budget.
At Grimshaw, we encourage creativity and innovation and you can expect to work in a vibrant and fast paced environment. For all of our roles, strong communication skills and an appreciation of Grimshaw design ethos is crucial.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have a formal qualification in Project Management or Architecture, Engineering, Surveying, Building or equivalent experience
- Be able to Initiate project briefings with external team
- Demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to daily tasks
- Demonstrate understanding of project scope and project contracts
- Ensure all briefs are signed off by senior management prior to internal briefing
- Help determine resource allocation
- Have excellent organisation skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be resilient to coping with conflicting demands
- Proactively manage client deliverables and expectations
- An understanding of project WIP for a weekly issue.
- Proactively drive projects both internally and externally
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to enable best possible outcome for the project and client
- Grow and maintain network of client relationships
- Have advanced knowledge of Excel
If you feel you have the required skills for this role please apply using the link below, applications will close on 30 August 2019, A competitive salary and benefits package dependent on experience will be offered to the successful applicant.
Grimshaw is an equal opportunities employer. We welcome people from all backgrounds and recognise that in order to be successful, we need to create an inclusive environment where everyone can realise their potential and succeed. Any offer of employment with Grimshaw will be conditional upon you having the right to work in the UK.
Talk to us about Flexible Working
Opening date for applications: 24th July 2019