Design Director HugeNew York City, New York, US
Design Directors are the driving force of the creative side of Huge at the top of its game. They make sure no talent goes to waste and the work stays sharp.
The Brand Design Director is responsible for developing original concepts for logo and brand identity systems, while overseeing multiple brand rollouts across digital products & global marketing campaigns. This is a leadership position in every sense—we need someone who can represent the Huge culture and standards within the Brand Strategy & Identity discipline and the company as a whole. While the role does not have any immediate direct reports, leadership and motivation skills are essential given the need to lead design teams on brand projects across the organization.
Design Directors are responsible for contributing to the management of client relationships and will attend new business meetings & pitches.
- Create & develop brand identity systems for brands
- Partner with brand strategists to concept brand design solutions that meets business objectives
- Articulate and defend conceptual brand design choices
- Direct all phases of brand design work from concept through to production
- Develop and deliver thought leadership that contextualizes traditional graphic design principles within the context of digital.
- Promote continual creative improvement and contribute to a culture of craftsmanship, excellence and accountability
- Mentor junior creative staff through critique of their work to inspire & maintain creative quality and award-winning work
- Grow new business and develop solid relationships with existing clients
- Participate in new business development efforts, leading creative teams
What We'd Like To See
- 5+ years experience in a creative leadership role (at least 3+ years in a branding agency environment)
- A proven track record of award-winning brand identity design
- A strong working knowledge of what goes into successful brand development and how a brand manifests across product & interaction design, as well as social & marketing campaigns
- Advanced experience managing the creative development process in a client-focussed environment
- Comprehensive awareness and interest in new technology platforms
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and constructive feedback
- Excellent presentation skills and communication skills at all levels of both internal and client organizations
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Proven leadership skills with experience guiding creative teams