Design Director MADE.COMLondon, England, GB
Who we are
At MADE.COM we believe that everyone should have access to great design. So, we’ve taken a unique approach to making and selling furniture – no middlemen, no agents or importers and no high street stores. Instead we work directly with designers and manufacturers so we can offer high-end furniture at attractive prices.
Since our inception in 2010, we have successfully expanded from the UK across Europe into France, Germany, the Netherlands, Austria, Belgium and Switzerland picking up numerous awards for our products, design and technology along the way. Headquartered in London, we also have offices in Paris, Berlin and Amsterdam, together with warehouses and showrooms in the UK and Europe, and we plan to grow further.
It’s not an easy task – it takes a creative and dedicated team to make it happen where everyone has an important part to play. We combine our individual passions and skills to create innovative work that’s as exciting and unconventional as the business itself. It’s a place where all ideas are listened to, where brainstorming means job titles get left at the door and where a self-starter can really make their mark.
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for a Creative Design Manager, who will play a key role in the brands design vision. Working closely with the Chief Creative Officer, Senior Art Director and in-house design studio, you will originate and oversee stand-out design concepts.
As someone who is equally adept at motivating and delegating as at being hands on and getting stuck in, you will influence and drive projects across the whole business, so you need to be a strong conceptual thinker with proven leadership skills, who can work with various disciplines and collaborate well with others.
- Implement design concepts across online, print, outdoor and in-store
- Lead and mentor a great team of designers, artworkers and videographers
- Be the go-to person for design requirements across the company
- Create compelling work that balances art and commerce alongside being the brand guardian for all of MADE.COM graphic design output
- Manage the creative studio schedule with the support of the Studio Manager
- Approve day-to-day materials according to brand guidelines for online and offline assets across all of our countries
- Concept and Art Direct special projects, photo and video shoots
What you’ll need
- Excellent knowledge of the creative process, with extensive experience of campaign and day-to-day online, print asset creation and implementation
- The ability to demonstrate your understanding of strategic narratives with a portfolio of beautifully executed work at a senior level
- Extensive proven experience working in-house at a similarly aspirational brand or at an agency
- Great at presenting with gravitas: you’re articulate, engaging and ideas-driven
- First hand experience in mentoring and motivation of a growing creative studio team
- Strong Art Direction and photo/video shoot experience would be greatly appreciated
- Knowledge of UI/UX design principles.
- A research geek of all things Design and graphics with a passion for sharing your findings and inspiration with the wider team
- A passion for Graphic Design, Lifestyle and Interior design
- Lots of drive and high energy
What we offer
- A fast-paced, creative and fun office environment located 2 minutes from Old Street tube
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects
- A supportive, diverse company with a brilliant culture
- Regular work drinks along with many social and company events
- Excellent employee benefits including private healthcare (with discounted gym membership), pension, life insurance, 25 days holiday a year (with an extra day every year served up to a cap of 30 days) and season ticket loan
- Temptingly good employee discounts on MADE.com and regular staff sample sales
Up your street? Apply for the opportunity to join our team in the heart of East London!