Design Director RBL Brand AgencyRoyal Leamington Spa, England, GB
What is the role?
We are looking for someone who wants to deliver nationally and internationally significant branding projects and integrated campaigns. You’ll be joining a small, tight team where you will make a very real difference. You’ll have the ability to shape our future as an agency and help set the standards in the design studio that will determine our success with both new and existing clients.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Design Director with a strong background in delivering strategic creative, particularity with a branding and digital focus.
Capable of helping to maintain the smooth operation and output of a busy design studio, while pushing the team to take on new ideas, skills and disciplines this will be an important step in advancing your career.
- Can you take a brief, turn it into insightful strategy, then deliver innovative creative? If yes, then maybe you fancy a role which will challenge you with great briefs from exciting clients in a high energy atmosphere?
- From UI to UX, motion to messaging, do you have your finger on the digital pulse, with a clear understanding of how to create brands that are digital first in nature?
- Can you co-ordinate the delivery of large scale brand implementation programmes or integrated campaigns, overseeing the work of others in the in-house creative team and external partners such as copywriters, videographers, animators and illustrators?
- Can you work effectively with the Client Services team to solve problems, add value and keep projects running smoothly?
- Do you enjoy getting out of the studio and orchestrating photography and video shoots to ensure we have the right imagery to bring our brands to life?
- Do you relish the responsibility of helping to manage a growing design team and ensuring we have the right people, systems, processes and culture in place to deliver consistently high quality work?
You will report to our Head of Creative, Adam Concar. We are creating this new role as there is a real need for someone to share the responsibility for day-to-day creative and studio management.
Other responsibilities include:
- Acting as an ambassador for the agency in all client interactions
- Building relationships with new and existing clients at all levels
- Ensuring the agency stays up-to-date with the latest skills, software and tools
- Providing input to the agency’s marketing activities.
Salary and benefits
Salary in the region of £50,000, Profit share after 1 year.
How to apply
Send your CV and a covering letter to our Agency Manager, Victoria Goodwin who is managing our recruitment process via the Apply button.
Powerful brands for ambitious businesses
We are a brand-led, creative agency providing the perfect balance between strategy, creativity and delivery.
We create powerful brands for ambitious businesses, bringing brands to life through creative communications, environments and experiences that change the way that people think, feel and act.
Diverse clients including FTSE 100 companies, elite sports teams and events, academic institutions, public sector bodies, entrepreneurial players and social enterprises choose to collaborate with us.
What we do helps businesses to grow and creates long-term value.
Over the past 10 years rbl has established a diverse, high quality client base serviced by a team of 12 that includes brand strategists, creatives and client services specialists.
We have ambitious plans for the future that will see us deliver brand strategy programmes, campaigns and communications for key clients that include: Birmingham 2022 Commonwealth Games, Commonwealth Sport, the NFU, Motorsport UK, Severn Trent, Innovate UK, Warwick University with a host of other exciting new projects in the pipeline. We’ve just won a major project to create the brand for an ambitious new university which doesn’t happen very often.
We operate from an open-plan studio in the centre of Leamington Spa, just over an hour from London by train with great connectivity to the rest of the country.
With the essential infrastructure in place - a close-knit team, a strong client base, a proven strategic branding process, high-quality premises and excellent facilities - the agency is targeting success on a number of different fronts.
This naturally requires us to bring on board new people to extend the service offering, build the team and fulfil our potential.
These are our shared measures of success - two external, two internal:
Outstanding client results Distinctive creative work Rewarding agency culture Superior financial performance and if we do all of the above we will create a powerful agency brand