Design Director RedMartSingapore, Central Singapore, SG
As one of the fastest growing e-commerce companies in Asia, RedMart offers an unparalleled startup experience. Our culture: entrepreneurial, fiercely-intelligent, team-oriented, deeply-creative and whatever you add to it! We’re fanatic about improving our customer experience and providing “wow” customer service.
We're interested in talented, creative and passionate people joining our all-star team who believe in our mission to save our customers time for the things that really matter in life.
We’re hiring a Head of Design to head up the Product Design Team across customer-facing and internal apps and platforms. You will run a small group of high-performing Product Designers. You will guide their work, set strategy for the team, and work alongside Team Leads, Engineers, Product Managers and Data Analysts to ship world-class products. As the Head of Design, you will also work closely with our internal Creative team to create a cohesive and delightful brand experience.
At RedMart, Design plays an important role in ensuring the best customer experience. You will report directly to Roger, our CEO.
What you will be doing:
- Manage Product Designers working on the customer-facing and internal apps and platforms. Advise and guide them on interaction and visual design, give feedback on their work, ensure a high degree of quality, help and empower them to grow and learn.
- Set strategy and long-term design vision for both customer-facing and internal products. What should the future of eCommerce and logistics look like from a platform design perspective? What are the opportunities to challenge the industry norms and best practices to deliver better customer experiences?
- Improve how we design and work with cross-functional teams (we call them RED teams).
- Work directly on the product itself. We’re looking for someone that is hands-on, but also able to pull back to focus on higher-level strategic design work.
- Manage and conduct research to understand customer needs and translate them into actionable ideas and improvements.
- Ensure that most (if not all) design output are measurable with customer behaviour data and educate Product Designers to be data-literate and data-informed when it comes to making day-to-day design decisions.
- Design thought leadership. Advocate internally in our organisation that Design is not just about aesthetics. When forced between elegance and utility for the customer, we choose the latter.
What skills do you need:
- Creativity! We are looking for someone to continuously redefine the best e-commerce customer experience on our apps.
- Have at least 5+ years of experience managing Designers in a product-based company.
- Have experience coordinating, mentoring and guiding the work of Product Designers in your team.
- Have a strong design background, think deeply about product design and thinking in systems.
- Have a stellar eye for detail. Value quality and polish in the work that you and your team produce.
- Be an excellent self starter who can deeply collaborate with designers and engineers.
- Be an excellent communicator of product decisions and the rationale behind them.
- Have excellent organisational skills and experience in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Be able to easily switch between thinking creatively and analytically.
- Have an understanding of the technical aspects of modern web and mobile applications.
- Have experience building products that people can access on multiple devices; desktop, tablet, phone.
- Have a strong online portfolio with a strong track record of shipping great products.
- Due to high volume of applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Candidates that require work passes need not apply.
RedMart is Singapore’s leading online supermarket, offering an unparalleled selection of quality fresh food, household essentials and general merchandise. We are a pioneering, customer-centric e-commerce and logistics company, providing both an online B2C retail offering and a marketplace platform for independent brands and retailers to sell their products. RedMart was founded in August 2011 by Roger Egan, Vikram Rupani and Rajesh Lingappa.
At RedMart, you’ll join a tribe of inspiring people from all around the globe; moving fast, provoking change and having plenty of fun along the way. Whether you’re hired to create, solve, sell or support, you will make an enormous impact on our number 1 quest - saving our customers time and money for the more important things in life.
Bring your ideas and join us on our journey to deliver the future.