Design Director SpotifyStockholm, SE
We are looking for a passionate and seasoned product design leader that will join the Platform and Partner Experiences tribe—Spotify’s division that is dedicated to delivering world-class experiences for listeners across platforms and partnerships. You will be responsible for a team of both designers and design leaders and tasked with considering how to extend our core mobile experience across multiple contexts and device ecosystems, including native desktop, tablets, web player, automobiles, wearables, televisions, speakers, software integrations, and much more.
What you’ll do
- You will lead a team of product designers and product design managers, which will include both talented practitioners and experienced leaders
- You will lead design, through best-practices, attention to detail, and sometimes unconventional thinking, to ensure impact
- You will identify and grow leaders within the design team, setting them up for success through mentorship and coaching
- You will provide context, support and guidance as the team works toward our business objectives — you will inspire, not merely direct
- You will collaborate closely with your product, insights and tech counterparts to shape a data-informed vision for the user experience of our consumer products
- You will work with your product and tech counterparts to support a large (140+) cross-functional team of talented designers, product managers, and engineers
- You will help set the tone for our partnerships (Google, Amazon, Facebook, etc.) and advocate for quality when it comes to the Spotify experience as it is represented on external platforms
- You will be accountable for the breadth of designed consumer experiences across many contexts and platforms and, as such, will report to our Consumer Mission Lead who, while not a function-specific leader, oversees product, design, engineering, and insights.
- You will be based in Stockholm, but travel to work with our external partners occasionally
Who you are
- You have 7-10 years of experience leading design teams at consumer-focused companies. This should ideally include mentoring and leading managers
- You have, in the past, reported to a C-level stakeholder or VP of product
- You have experience working with partnerships in some capacity
- You are passionate about design and what it can do for the music, content, and technology industries
- You’re a fantastic communicator. You have the communication skills to help you work cross-functionally with internal stakeholders and external partners alike. You thrive when developing great people and great products
- You have a broad product design background and are well-versed in data-informed product design and development
- You want to make an impact and take on big complex issues
What we value
A true creative who is user focused, collaborative, transparent, passionate and playful. We believe our culture is a core part of what makes Spotify successful. We’re looking for someone who understands our culture, will thrive within it, and will help shape it as it evolves.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and our creators. This is something we value deeply and we encourage everyone to come be a part of.