Designer & SMITH…Stoke Newington, London, England, GB
A little bit about & SMITH…
We’re a team of 12, based in a bright studio in Stoke Newington. Our Creative Partners, Rachel and Dan, cut their design teeth at Pentagram and set up & SMITH in 2007. Over the last 12 years we’ve earned our stripes as hotel, food and drink branding specialists. We’re a friendly bunch who like to eat (a lot), drink and sleep – and we’re always trying to think of new ways to improve life at & SMITH, including flexitime, cultural days and talks in the studio.
We’re looking for a super enthusiastic Senior Designer to join our team.
- We expect you to be a well rounded experienced designer.
- Day to day you will be expected to work collaboratively with your team and also be able to lead a project on your own.
- We’ll look to you to contribute great ideas and execute them with style and craft.
- You’ll be able to structure and write design presentations.
- You’ll have a decent amount of experience of presenting to clients across our specialised sectors. You’ll be keen to learn more from your design director in this area and be willing to deputise for him/her when the opportunities arise.
- You’ll will be able to take briefs from and present to clients.
- You’ll be developing your role within the design community around you.
- We love to see enthusiasm, commitment and character.
You’ll have a Graphic Design degree and ideally at least 6+ years experience as a designer in the industry.
Skills we’re looking for
- Passionate about branding, with a strong interest in our sector (hotels, food and drink)
- Positive and hardworking attitude
- An eye for detail
- Strong typographic and layout skills
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written
- Proficient using Adobe Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator
- Good understanding of print processes
- Ambitious attitude