Designer 3D HubsAmsterdam, North Holland, NL
Do you want to help build THE 3D printing solution that engineers and designers around the world will love to use?
With a network of 3D printers in over 40,000 locations and 160 countries, 3D Hubs provides over 1 billion people with access to a 3D printer within 10 miles of their location.
Why join now? In the coming weeks we'll cross the magical number of 1 million parts printed since the inception of our platform, with close to 100,000 parts being printed every month you could help us scale up our teams to achieve the next growth stage.
As a designer in the 3D Hubs team you will deep dive into the world of 3D printing and work on the core platform. The main challenge will be for you to apply your skills to solve the complexity around ordering 3D printed parts from a distributed network of service providers around the world, something that hasn’t been done before.
We're looking for a person who's motivated to understand our customer personas and continuously improve their user experience through intuitive and cutting edge UI/UX.
We value opinionated designers that strive for perfection while achieving significant customer conversion.
Because 3D printing is a rapidly evolving industry, we find ourselves learning and educating at the same time, this means iterations have to be fast-paced.
You'll be able to rapidly A/B test different solutions with our customers and suppliers, helping you to find the ones that works best.
You will help craft features that are groundbreaking and accelerating the entire Additive Manufacturing industry. But most of all, you will be building a unique experience for engineers, designers and architects that use 3D printing to prototype their next big idea. Don't be surprised when you get hit by goosebumps when engineers from NASA, Tesla or DARPA give you kudos on your latest features, helping them to be more productive and prototype even faster.
Our challenges are threefold; e-commerce, a market place and 3D printing. These combined allow you to apply your skills in a complex environment and solve meaningful customer problems daily.
You'll join a truly international engineering team with backgrounds ranging from computational geometry to data science. Don’t worry if you don’t have any knowledge of 3D printing yet, because you will join a culture that is centered around learning.
Whether it’s Scrum, Agile or Kanban, we are open to new methodologies of delivering projects, as long as they improve our clock speed.
Together we build scalable solutions and literally change the way manufacturing will work in the future.
Find out more about the company culture and the people behind 3D Hubs here!
- Have 3-5 years of UX design experience for software, web apps and/or mobile devicesHave a solid understanding of user-centered design, design patterns, prototyping and usability testing
- You quickly convert your insights into conceptual and visual design proposals
- Get excited by building solutions and quickly validating your ideas
- Are an advocate for usability and user-centered design with conversion in mind
- Back your decision with qualitative and quantitative research
- Enjoy a vibrant, creative and ever changing environment
Not to mention it is located in the heart of Amsterdam
- Budget for training and conferences
- Free 3D printing, anytime, at our office or on our platform
- Real impact on our technical roadmap
- Flat structure and no political games
- Work in a lean, mean, startup environment
- Be productive in an office space designed for employee happiness.
- Join a fast growing, international team of 50+ people and 17+ nationalities
- Get time to work on your own projects at our Pizza Nights
- Free lunch, Friday activities and awesome annual trips