Designer BiglightLondon, England, GB
The Biglight team comes from a wide variety of backgrounds, but we all share a common passion for creating remarkable customer experiences. We understand how retailers think and we’ve been helping brands deepen customer engagement and drive sales since 2006.
We’re fortunate enough to work with some fantastic fashion brands and most of our new business comes from recommendation.
Our design team plays a crucial role in our creative process and we are searching for an enthusiastic junior designer to join our visual design team.
You’ll report into the creative lead and have the chance to work on some of our biggest accounts and learn from the best in the field. You will be responsible for content , the development of seasonal concepts, contributing ideas and suggestions based on your experience and expertise.
Communication is a big part of the job, so the junior/mid designer must feel confident enough to contribute to the entire creative process. Keeping a finger on the pulse of current trends is also key when moving towards promotion and recognition.
As a designer with a couple of years of industry experience already you will have:
- An original portfolio of compelling visual design, preferably within e-commerce.
- Great experience of using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign.
- A great eye for typography and its applications, layout, digital animation and art direction.
- A solid understanding of responsive design and UX principles.
- The confidence to present your ideas to colleagues from concept to execution.
- The desire to mentor and nurture junior team members.
As a person you will have:
- Drive coupled with a strong work ethic and great organisational skills
- The ability to manage priorities and competing deadlines, ask questions, drive ideas forward, contribute and challenge where necessary
- The ability to work collaboratively with your team and be a self starter
- High standards for yourself and your work with an eye for detail and consistency
To do this role it’s essential that you have:
- Previous experience within an agency or a fast paced in-house design studio
- A background and experience in web/digital design
- Significant experience in Adobe CC – Photoshop, Illustrator
- An understanding of the role of wireframes
- Demonstrable typography skills and attention to detail
- Qualifications in a design related discipline or proven relevant experience in design
- Experience creating style guides
- Experience in eCommerce
- Experience in any of the following areas is a bonus:
- Experience using Adobe XD
- Knowledge and understanding of HTML5 and CSS
- Studio photography experience