Designer BloodybigspiderLondon, England, GB
Bloodybigspider is looking for a part-time middleweight or senior designer to join our small London team. We’d like somebody to join us in the office three days a week (although this is negotiable), so it could be the perfect opportunity for those returning to work after a career break or juggling family commitments.
You have 5+ years’ experience as a designer, know your stuff and how design is used in business. You like to work on corporate clients and projects. We’re definitely not the right place for you if you’re a frustrated artist, have your head in the clouds, want every project to look like a hipster risograph or dream of designing trendy logos for independent coffee houses.
We’re a small team so you need to be a nice person, have a sense of humour, be happy to sing along to all sorts of music on the office speakers and truly care about the work.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Great conceptional skills
• Good Adobe Creative Cloud skills – especially InDesign, Photoshop & Illustrator (of course)
• Ability to work to deadlines
• Ability to work on your own and in a team
• A mix of editorial, brand and digital work in your portfolio
• Confident when talking about your own work and ideas
• Client facing experience (if you’re scared of emailing / calling / meeting clients we’re not going to be a good fit)
• Organised, methodical and full of common sense
• Capable of preparing artwork for print and checking proofs
• Experience of working / managing designers under you
• Excited about doing great work for corporate clients
We’re a design agency in South Wimbledon (that’s near the bottom of the Northern Line / Zone 3). We work across a huge variety of local and global campaigns, both digital and print, so that’d be branding, literature and websites. Our clients, including Ovum, London City Airport, FCA, Boston Consulting Group, Autovista Group and Body Control Pilates, come from all sectors and a large proportion of our work is fairly corporate.
There are only a few of us in the studio so we’ve cultivated a really friendly, warm vibe where everybody likes each other – honest. There’s drinks on a Friday afternoon and a sharing lunch every Wednesday with the rest of the building, and (assuming your music taste isn’t completely unbearable) you get a fair crack at being studio DJ. We also go along to industry events like Glug and Contagious (we went to see a talk by Dave Trott the other week) to see what’s happening in the industry, and there are usually a few beers or glasses of wine before, during and after.
• £29K – £35K pro rata (depending on experience)
• To start as soon as possible
• Please send portfolios (under 10MB) and CVs by email with the subject line “Part time”
• We’re afraid we can only get back to successful applicants (sorry)
• Absolutely, positively, definitely no recruitment agencies, please