Designer BrazeNew York City, New York, US
[ Interaction Designer ]
Who We Are
Braze is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, and more. Braze is built specifically for today’s mobile-first world and tomorrow’s ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time and continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that aren’t built for today’s on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, and teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, and customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, and Singapore. We’ve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on Inc.'s 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, and listed as #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List, and recognized by The New York Times as ‘The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups’. Learn more at Braze.com.
What We’re Looking For
Do you find yourself poring over micro-interactions? Are you a designer who learned to code, or an engineer who loves to design?
Product designers that focus on interaction design at Braze sweat the details. Signature moments in our product will separate us from a crowd of competitors, so we are looking for a designer with visual storytelling chops to help. Though you will have the freedom to work on all aspects of the user experience, thinking about screen transitions, direct manipulation, and UI animations are things that you are passionate about. Prototyping is one of your favorite ways to communicate ideas, and over the years you have learned to build your prototypes smartly so that they can be adjusted quickly in response to feedback. The tools you use are less important to us than your proficiency with them, and your overall attention to detail.
What You’ll Do
As part of the product organization you will be responsible for delivering solutions that make Braze an easy, and delightful, product to work with. Defining how the various states of the user experience transition between each other, and how objects in our interface are manipulated with, will be a large part of what you will inform during the development process.
What You Have
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your ability to prototype at various levels of fidelity, and the judgement to determine when to use which level
- Strong visual design skills, and evident understanding of Gestalt principles
- Experience collaborating regularly with designers, product managers, and engineers
- Capable of grasping complex problems quickly
- Comfortable with ambiguity, and learning through experimentation
- 3 years of professional experience in a related field
What Captures Our Attention
- Demonstrated use of HTML and CSS
- Experience with Framer, Origami, Principle, or After Effects
- Experience working on SaaS products
- Experience in an Agile organization, working in cross-functional teams / pods / verticals
- Prior experience at high-growth startups
What We Offer
Complete tech startup vibe including free daily lunches & snacks, group events and top of the line computer setup! A general feeling throughout the office that what you do matters everyday.
- Excellent medical insurance and life assurance coverage for you and your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily catered lunches, snacks and beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial and fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work and life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.