Designer Butterfly Network, Inc.New York City, New York, US
Senior Product Designer
At Butterfly Network, Inc. we are building a device that will make medical imaging accessible to everyone in the world. It’s a breakthrough technology that will save millions of lives. We are reinventing the ultrasound machine by squeezing all of its components onto a single silicon chip. The result is a high performance imager more portable and less expensive than any other system in the world. The system's onboard Deep Learning Algorithms, trained by ultrasound experts, will guide clinicians with less expertise.
From the beginning, Design has played a key role in Butterfly's product development process. From crafting thoughtful and innovative interfaces for our users, to the fit and finish of our devices, Design is involved at every step.
As a Senior Product Designer you will have the rare opportunity to create one-of-a-kind, beautiful, and functional digital products that will empower others to make life-saving decisions. You will have the opportunity to own the design of groundbreaking products that have the potential to impact millions of lives — working with brilliant minds from Spotify, Square, Foursquare, Bridgewater, and Palantir solving truly unique and challenging design problems.
- Design and specify user interfaces and information architecture using participatory and iterative design techniques including, but not limited to, prototyping and usability testing.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Contribute to the product design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules.
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, industrial design, project managers, and developers.
- Help to mentor and grow junior interaction and visual designers on project teams.
- Contribute to the definition scope and phasing of project timelines.
- Solid user interface design experience.
- Excellent visual design skills
- Strong conceptual thinking.
- Have a deep empathy for our users.
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables.
- Detail-oriented and highly developed organizational skills including the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on.
- Must be an ego-free, thick-skinned person who can take and give clear feedback.
- Obsessed with getting the details right.
- Passionate about creating remarkable, one-of-a-kind digital experiences
Please include a link to your online portfolio with your application in order to be considered.
In addition to working with colleagues and advisors who are the best and brightest in their fields, we offer great perks:
- Fully funded medical insurance, dental, vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Competitive salary + equity in the company
- Free on-site meals + unlimited healthy snacks
- Brand new office in the heart of Manhattan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- The chance to help improve the healthcare and save millions of lives!
Butterfly Network is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Butterfly Network does not accept agency resumes.