Designer CanvaSydney, New South Wales, AU
Canva’s mission is to empower the world to design. As well as creating an amazing editing tool – one of the key ways we do this is by providing thousands of beautiful templates that are ready to customise and easy to use.
As a Visual Designer at Canva, you’ll contribute to the mission of building the world’s best layout collection. This role is about taking our current layout collection of 50,000 layouts to the next level – ensuring we have the perfect design for every kind of person that uses Canva globally. You’ll do this by working with a talented team of product managers, designers, copywriters and content specialists to expand our layout collection to offer the perfect design for every creative need.
In this role you’ll be flexing your creative muscles both as a designer and an art director. You’ll be responsible for researching, ideating and articulating what makes a beautifully designed template whilst bringing it to life working with a team of talented designers.
You’ll work closely with the product teams to understand their roadmaps and ensure that our templates evolve with new features and requirements. You’ll also help create and refine our template style-guides, and take initiative to propose and implement strategies to improve workflow and process.
As Art Director you will ...
- You’ll art direct and design key template projects across our websites, presentations, internationalisation and print teams.
- You’ll research trends, patterns and best-practises for design creation in order to create and understand what makes the best templates out there.
- Gather competitive research and visual/interaction design inspiration.
- Gather user and business insights and translate into creative and intuitive design solutions.
- You’ll be ensuring the designers create beautiful and relevant templates for users with usability requirements in mind.
- Help build, develop and maintain a set of best practices and operational guidelines while raising the bar of a beautiful design.
- Inspire the design team by producing and integrating effective & efficient design practices.
- Create style guides for other designers to utilize and follow.
- You’ll be working closely with the product team developing Canva’s next template features and tools so our templates can evolve.
- You’ll support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement.
You'll love this job if
- 3 + years experience as an Art Director / Graphic or Visual Designer creating a diverse range of marketing materials
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, color, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation
- Up-to-date knowledge of various design mediums, and how best to leverage them
- The confidence to try new things, and a passion for big ideas and storytelling
- You can communicate your vision for quality to other designers effectively
- You understand what makes a good design, fundamentally and culturally. You know what’s currently trending and know which visuals are appropriate for which context.
- You have a keen understanding of user interaction and the importance of usability.
- You can effectively simplify design concepts and articulate ideas and blockers.
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes.
- You are a team-player and enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered