Designer CanvaSydney, New South Wales, AU
Canva’s mission is to empower the world to design. As well as creating an amazing editing tool – one of the key ways we do this is by providing thousands of beautiful templates that are ready to customise and easy to use.
As a Visual Designer at Canva, you’ll contribute to the mission of building the world’s best layout collection. This role is about taking our current layout collection of 50,000 layouts to the next level – ensuring we have the perfect design for every kind of person that uses Canva globally. You’ll do this by working with a talented team of product managers, designers, copywriters and content specialists to expand our layout collection to offer the perfect design for every creative need.
We are now looking for a creative and visionary Designer to bring ideas to life in new and inspiring ways. As the graphic designer, you’ll create and curate beautiful and stylish templates and assets for our marketplace library across album covers, social media graphics, presentations and websites.
You will be a master of the visual language with the ability to spot a pixel off from 10 meters. You’ll be able to distil complex ideas into visceral imagery and tell compelling and emotive stories through design. You will be flexible in your time and thinking, willing to contribute to new and exciting ideas, and feel comfortable taking on multiple projects at once.
As our graphic designer you'll...
- You’ll be creating unique and original templates for various teams, themes, and topics.
- You’ll be creating design assets like illustrations and colour palettes to help users make their designs attractive and engaging.
- Set influential and inspirational design trends, to keep our users happy and satisfied
- You’ll be ensuring the templates that we create are of the highest quality in terms of aesthetics and usability.
- You’ll support the team’s scalability through documentation and process improvement.
- Previous experience as a Graphic, Visual or Brand Designer creating a diverse range of materials for various audiences.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your passion for designing clean, elegant, and beautiful designs.
- Advanced design sense and mastery of hand illustration, typography, color, conceptual graphic design, and layout creation.
- You have a stylistic approach and strong understanding of what makes a good design based on design fundamentals, principles and elements
- Knowledge of how to design print and digital assets with care
- You have a passion for improving and streamlining processes.
- You are a team-player and enjoy collaborative working environments and idea exchanges.
- Competitive salary, plus equity options
- Flexible working hours, we value work-life balance
- In-house chefs that cook delicious breakfast and lunch for us each day
- Fitness membership allowance, plus free Yoga and Boxing Gym membership
- Generous parental leave policy
- Pet-friendly offices including a garden, climbing wall
- Sponsored social clubs and team events
- Fun and quirky celebrations
- Relocation budget provided for interstate or overseas candidates and visa application fees covered