Designer ClassySan Diego, California, US
Classy is looking for a full-time, in-house Visual Designer to work closely with our Marketing, Sales, and Design teams. They will develop engaging communications that support quarterly marketing campaigns and lead generation goals. The ideal candidate will not only possess excellent design skills, but also the ability to project manage and make their designs a reality through developing HTML/CSS code.
Who You Are
- Strong Communicator. You believe that there is no such thing as too much communication. You value understanding teammates and empowering others to understand you.
- Design Obsessed. You seek out and get giddy over design solutions in multiple disciplines and are driven by the design community and your peers to constantly improve your skills.
- Problem Solver. You see obstacles as a necessary constraint, and find fulfillment in creating the perfect solution.
- Risk Taker. You’re not deterred by potential failure, and are willing to try new things in your designs. You’re not afraid to instill emotion, tone, and personality when necessary.
- Process Junkie. You believe organization, workflow management, and team communication are essential to the creative process. You seek out improvements to increase efficiency and improve design outcomes.
- Passionate about Nonprofits. You pursue work that serves a purpose bigger than yourself. You are passionate about playing a role in improving how the nonprofit sector operates.
- Champion for the Customer. You are motivated by a deep understanding of the problems and realities of the people you are designing for. You carefully consider your design’s place within the context of a user’s entire experience.
What Your Day-to-Day Looks Like
- Create meaningful, pixel-perfect assets, landing pages, and experiences designed to fulfill campaign goals.
- Prioritize and project manage your own workload while meeting critical milestones and deadlines.
- Clearly communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale. Complete projects by coordinating with team members and communicating progress to proper stakeholders.
- Build great relationships with design, development, marketing, and other teams through open, collaborative communication and a commitment to shared goals.
- Deliver development-ready designs and full picture campaign designs that consider a user’s journey from start to finish.
What You Bring to the Table
- 3+ years design experience, previous startup experience preferred
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and Sketch. Google Analytics a plus.
- Portfolio that illustrates results-driven design skills in advertising and/or marketing and experiences for both desktop and mobile (please submit link to online portfolio)
- In-depth knowledge of modern HTML/CSS, ability to code designs from scratch
- Exceptional visual design skills that fully consider concept, tone, medium, color, typography, and brand style
- Openness to new ideas and different ways of thinking
- Self-motivated independence and a drive for quality, consistency, and design excellence
Our Awesome Perks!
- Competitive paid-time off, along with ample company paid holidays
- Half-Day Fridays the first Friday of each month
- Monthly parking pass, public transit pass, or ride-share allowance
- Supplemental Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- 401(k) plan
- Employee Stock Options
- Pet friendly office
- Monthly happy hours at the local watering hole
- Love the active life? We have company and team outings and participate in team sports
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with experience, including equity in an early stage startup backed by top-tier VCs.