Designer DeepMindLondon, England, GB
This is a rare opportunity to join a phenomenal team of people in a mission driven company.
We’re looking for a highly talented and driven individual who wants to be part of an exceptional team, in an inspiring and collaborative environment, working on ground-breaking technology with potentially extraordinary impact. You’ll be working with some of the best and brightest minds which takes skill, enthusiasm and an exceptional attention to detail.
This is a brand new, exciting role for a Midweight/Senior Visual Designer working within our newly formed in-house design studio.As part of your role you will produce engaging designs in line with requirements across a broad range of deliverables. You will work under the supervision of a Senior Designer within our newly formed design studio, producing exceptional work across the whole of DeepMind.
You should be a passionate, experienced Visual Designer with a broad portfolio designing for a wide range of different situations. You should have experience in working on broad, open briefs, iterating rapidly and coming up with smart, beautiful solutions to problems.
You should have a passion for the foundations of graphic design and enjoy following the design process to create high-quality, polished work.
You’re intrigued by AI and keen to explore ways in which it can inform and inspire your work.
- Work closely and collaborate with diverse teams, delivering high-quality, diverse visual design work for a range of internal stakeholders, and effectively managing projects’ priorities to deliver to deadlines.
- Deliver excellent, polished, informative and visually beautiful presentation decks. Deliver these decks quickly and efficiently, working to a range of timelines and on topics of varying complexity.
- Support the Senior Designer in providing an end-to-end in-house design solutions for DeepMind staff.
- Working within an existing brand applying guidelines across a broad range of collateral.
- Provide feedback and support to DeepMind staff who are commissioning external design work, including checking briefs and providing sign off on content for quality and adherence to brand guidelines.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record as a Visual Designer in a digital or integrated environment.
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication, Interaction Design or similar.
- Expert in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Experience working with Google Slides / Keynote.
- Comfortable delivering across print and digital.
- Exceptional communication skills with project managers, designers and developers.
- Experience presenting designs to stakeholders.
- Relish working at a fast pace, delivering often and iterating rapidly.
- Highly motivated, able to work unsupervised, problem solve proactively and effectively, multitask and prioritise workload.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to work within established deadlines.
- Keen to learn new skills and constantly step out of your comfort zone.
- Basic understanding of Agile methodologies, such as Scrum / Kanban.
- Experience in motion design and specifically After Effects.
- Familiarity with Cinema 4D or other 3D applications.
- Good understanding of Sketch and the principles of interaction design.
Please include a link to a portfolio or personal website in your application.