Designer DojoMojoNew York City, New York, US
DojoMojo is a brand network and partnerships marketplace. We empower marketers of all sizes to connect and build sponsored content and giveaway campaigns to grow their audiences at a fraction of the cost of traditional paid channels. Our technology helps marketers save time by facilitating collaboration, removing friction from campaign planning and leveraging data-driven insights to recommend the most powerful partnerships to our customers.
With nearly ten thousand of brands in the DojoMojo network, we’re trusted by brands like General Assembly, theSkimm, Uniqlo, Conde Nast, and Hearst and have helped our customers add close to 200 million new potential readers and customers to their email lists. DojoMojo launched a new marketplace in 2019. We’re taking on an entirely new way for advertisers and publishers to work together, and leveraging scores of data points to ensure that every brand is working with partners who will turn their new audience into buyers and readers.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to help shape the DojoMojo platform as it continues to evolve and expand. As a Product Designer, you’ll own the UI and UX of DojoMojo’s core SaaS platform. You’ll work with Product Managers, Engineers, internal stakeholders and customers to elevate existing platform features and create all-new products and features that will empower DojoMojo’s network of brands and drive success for our business. To be successful in this role, you must have previous experience designing for SaaS platforms, have a passion for user-centered design, and a strong desire to solve customer problems by applying design-thinking techniques as well as be ambitious, results-driven and enjoy working in a fast paced, collaborative team environment.
Note: Candidates must submit a portfolio to be considered for this position.
- Prototype, design and iterate on DojoMojo’s new and existing product features, ensuring alignment with product requirements and the company’s business goals and meeting our high standards of quality.
- Create and own design guidelines, wireframes and workflows, and create pixel-perfect, visually engaging design treatments.
- Lead design sprints and own the full design process, from early product discovery and ideation to final pixel-tweaking.
- Work closely with product and business stakeholders to develop a clear understanding of the purpose, goals and requirements of features and proactively address broader UX challenges.
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure proper design implementation, provide insights into customer behavior and support bug fixes and troubleshootings during the development process.
- Analyze the customer experience using qualitative and quantitative research methods to understand the current product, test new features and help make informed product decisions for the business, with the goal of increasing customer engagement.
- Conduct usability testing to challenge and validate design ideas and decisions
- Play a leadership role in resolving unclear design direction or unknown variables.
- Be an advocate for the end user and embrace and lead a culture of customer-centric design and development.
- Maintain design consistency across all DojoMojo’s platform features and modules while continuously innovating.
- 4 years relevant experience in product/UX/UI design
- Strong portfolio featuring past UI/UX work
- Passion for solving UI/UX problems creatively and with users in mind
- Mastery of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Zeplin, and prototyping tools
- Obsession with quality and visual design talent with a pixel-level attention for details
- Experience in user-centered design methods, exploration, storytelling and detailed interaction design
- Experience conducting usability testing and iterating on new product feature ideas
- Experience with shipping products
- Strong teamwork skills with ability to manage projects in a fast-paced environment, especially in collaboration with Product and Engineering departments
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic, collaborative and flexible mentality with a hunger to learn
- Some management experience a plus
- Experience working on Saas platforms a plus
Why you'll love this job
The DojoMojo Team is a part of Innovation Department, an incubator building the next generation of startups. We work with smart, interesting people, and directly with entrepreneurs in our portfolio. If you love startups, and are keen to grow and develop your skills, all while working alongside amazing colleagues, we want to talk to you!
We can promise:
- Our co-workers are a close-knit, intelligent, and motivated team.
- Unlimited PTO so you can take the time you need.
- We care about you. We offer a competitive health, dental, and vision insurance for employees and their dependents.
- Summer Fridays from July 4th Weekend to Labor Day each year.
- Plan for the future. Take advantage of our 401k program.
- Competitive Parental Leave benefits.
- Commuter and FSA pre-tax benefits.
You’ll love where you work. We have a bright and modern collaborative office space located in the heart of Soho, which we share with some of our exciting companies. We co-work with our portfolio companies and encourage cross-team learning.
A vibrant and active culture including weekly catered lunches and breakfasts, happy hours, movie nights, sporting events, and a book club.
We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.