Designer ExpanseSan Francisco, California, US
Expanse, formerly Qadium, a San Francisco-based company, provides IT and security teams with complete visibility of the assets and risks on their global Internet Edge. This enables our customers, Fortune 1000 companies and the US government, to quickly and efficiently eliminate these risks. Through technology and service expertise, we surface and help remediate Internet Edge risks to prevent large breaches and successful attacks.
Expanse has raised over $65 million of funding from Founders Fund, NEA, IVP, and TPG. We were founded in 2012, after the founders met at DARPA.
Expanse's Marketing team is looking for an outstanding Visual Designer. The Visual Designer collaborates with product managers, other designers, software engineers, and senior executives to take concepts from ideation to execution. You will shape our content by creating illustrations, pictograms, icons, information graphics, art directing and selecting photography. Your responsibilities will include brainstorming concepts, sketching mockups, participating in design/project critiques, refining design directions and finalizing design details. The work you produce will drive a deeper connection between Expanse and its customers by fostering understanding and sparking dialogue.
You possess exceptional design skills, a great sense of aesthetics, as well as illustration capabilities. You have an affinity for clear communication in design, typography, and attention to the smallest of details. You are dynamic, data-driven, and enjoy a fast-paced environment. You excel at distilling complex processes into digestible process diagrams. You have experience designing for both print and digital mediums with a deep understanding of the flexibility required for responsive design. You can work in an iterative process and professionally accept art direction and feedback.
You will be working on a category defining approach to securing commercial and government organization's networks against breaches.
What You’ll Do
- Create visual designs including production of digital elements for various projects as needed, such as sales marketing collateral, presentation decks, landing pages, websites, and other projects
- Distill technical complexity into simple elegant illustrations
- Create and make decisions that implement a consistent brand style throughout Expanse
- Incorporate feedback from members of marketing, product, and executive team to refine artwork
- Communicate design concepts through sketches
- Present work for review and approvals to internal stakeholders
- Be an effective team member; support the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business
- Self-manage deliverables to ensure schedules are met
- Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Communication Arts, or evidence of exceptional ability
- An excellent portfolio showcasing visual design work with a strong graphic design sensibility
- 4+ years’ work experience creating world-class digital art for both print and digital experiences
- Strong understanding of fundamental design principles for web and print that influence typography, composition, color, use of space and hierarchy of information
- Highly skilled in Adobe CS, Sketch and InVision
- Ability to edit video using Premiere, After Effects or other tools is a plus
- Self-motivated, able to work independently but also collaboratively
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail to ensure high standards of creative execution
- 100% coverage of employee healthcare benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 50% coverage for dependent healthcare benefits
- 20 vacation days with 10 company holidays
- Parental Leave
- 401k Plan
- Pre-tax commuter & FSA benefits
- Monthly contribution to phone bill
- Relocation assistance available
- Stocked kitchen + catered lunch and dinner
- New hire office productivity budget - $300
- Quarterly discretionary team building stipend
- On-site activities such as Lunch and Learns, Speaker Series, Game Night, and Trivia Night
- Company-wide events including team building, holiday party, and offsites
Expanse Inc. is proud to be an EEO employer.