Designer Expedia CAPSSydney, New South Wales, AU
Expedia CAPS (Creative & Production Services) is seeking a customer-focused Sr. Visual Designer to join us. The Expedia CAPS team builds innovative creative solutions for our retail, loyalty, and brand teams. We help our customers find the best promotions Expedia has to offer.
As a Sr. Visual Designer, you will help to lead how Expedia communicates to customers at the top of the funnel and at the post purchase funnel phases of the customer lifecycle. You will work closely with Designers, Engineers, Merchandising, and Brand teams to build compelling designs. This position requires strong organizational skills, web expertise, exceptional design ability, typographic skills, and acute attention to detail. The ability to manage multiple projects and communicate with key stakeholders is essential.
Your Responsibilities Will Include:
- Acting as design liaison between design and retail category business teams
- Work with the visual design team to design campaigns and experiences from initial concept to released product
- Work within existing style guidelines and expand upon them
- In-depth knowledge of creative styles and brand standards so as to allow for exploration into new patterns and practices.
- Work cross-functionally with other creative leadership, designers, developers, merchandisers, and brand teams
- Developing clean and effective graphic templates and style guides
- Optimizing digital images for web
- Fulfilling multiple project requests while simultaneously meeting tight deadlines
- 7-10 years of relevant experience designing campaigns ads for web and mobile
- BA/BS in Design or equivalent
- Proficient in Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, CSS, HTML, and Invision
- Strong conceptual development skills with the ability to communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale
- Solid understanding of usability, UI/UX, campaign design and interaction design
- Possess exceptional understanding of style guidelines, typography, design processes, and creative workflow
- Care more about successful outcomes and happy users than your design vision
- Comfortable giving and receiving critical design feedback
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
- Committed to meeting deadlines and skilled at handling multiple projects simultaneously.
We are the world's travel platform. Our purpose is to bring the world within reach.
Collectively, the Expedia Group brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia Group portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from the modest to the luxurious. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise