Designer FjordOslo, NO
At Fjord, visual design is the heartbeat of our design practice. Visual designers work collaboratively with business, service and experience design teams, absorbing the project’s needs, creating concepts, and evolving the client’s brand in an engaging way.
As a Senior Visual Designer in fjord Oslo, you’ll be accountable for concepts, strategies, and visual design artifacts at the project level. You’ll have a strong appreciation for technology, interaction design, the ability to elegantly adapt designs across devices, and an effortless presentation style that owns and sells pitches.
As a team, we:
- Articulate the story and vision clearly in the service of our discipline
- Consistently create and elevate brilliant design thinking in our studio and beyond
- Demonstrate how unconventional thinking leads to world-class design
- Unite and inspire designers
As a Senior Visual Designer, you:
- Ensure our work communicates clearly, is on brand, and delights users.
- Understand Visual Design as a discipline and a practice
- Explain and discuss design decisions eloquently, and give design feedback
- Contribute to the definition and creation of flexible, coherent design systems and component libraries
- Partner with design, technology, and project management to ensure the project meets creative, strategy, and project objectives
- Design (and begin to direct others to design) mood boards, comps (with and without wireframes), concept sketches, presentation decks, style guides, and storyboards. May also contribute content to decks
- Gather deliverables into client-ready presentations
- Understand brand strategy and the organizational/political dynamics of assigned brands, including the critical processes that drive them and the key players involved. Translate or extend the brand identity system to digital touchpoints
- Attend and help plan studio and community events, workshops, and conferences as a Fjord ambassador
Set yourself apart:
- Advanced command of standard design applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote, Sketch, InVision); experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus
- Advanced digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work that demonstrates conceptual problem solving and the ability to define look and feel for integrated experiences
- Advanced understanding of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on agile
- Advanced ability to utilize feedback/direction from the Creative Lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of the Creative Lead
- Ability to speak comfortably and professionally in client presentations
- Strong design experience, experience in a senior role at a digital agency
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Visual Design
- A passion for design and people
- Willingness to travel
We believe that design can solve complex problems by focusing on solutions and big ideas. At Fjord, this work is the cornerstone and the catalyst for products and services that change the world. We’re inspired every day to bring meaningful experiences into the world, and we’re looking for people who want to collaborate and do their best work with us. If this sounds like a place you want to be, consider this your invitation to join us.
Apply below attaching your CV, portfolio and application letter by end of 31st of October
Please note: In proceeding you will be redirected to the careers site of Accenture in order to complete your application. Accenture has extended its digital offerings to encompass Fjord’s service design expertise. The opportunities this offers in terms of project scope and career development simply makes for an even more exciting and rewarding place to work!