Designer four23London, England, GB
Who We Are:
four23 is an innovative, independent creative studio, led by CEO Warren Bramley, delivering multi-disciplinary projects across the globe.
We are structured around six core crafts – DESIGN, MOVING IMAGE, CODE, COPY, SPACIAL DESIGN and LIVE.
Who we’re looking for:
- An ambitious designer who is keen to grow within our creative team.
- You will have a strong level of technical design skills and a thorough knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- You’ll bring strong visual design skills and an eye for detail.
- You will have excellent reference points.
- You will work on projects from events, to digital, to interiors, to floorplans, to print layout.
- You will have an ever expanding knowledge of print and digital processes and techniques, and a flair for suggesting innovative approaches.
- You must be able to visualize ideas and concepts for presentations.
- You’ll be confident and articulate and able to express your ideas clearly
- You’ll be organised, remain calm under pressure and be able to manage your own time
- You will demonstrate you value others’ input and expertise and are keen to learn
- You will be expected to support the design team through careful artworking, be able to put together an impressive presentation and have a good eye for layouts.
- You will contribute ideas and are as comfortable sketching out with a pen and paper as you are on the computer. Sketching is vital at four23. You must be able to sketch.
- You will support the project teams across the studio with research, reference finding and creative presentations
- You will work within the design department delivering first class design and artwork across the whole spectrum of projects.
- You’ll be expected to provide valuable input internally to maintain and improve the output of the design department
What we offer:
- We take seriously personal growth and development. All team members have regular access to our CEO, mentorship from our leadership team, and are provided with opportunities for education and learning.
- We work globally – recently our teams have worked in LA, New York, Zurich, Paris, Berlin and Barcelona.
- We have a strong culture at four23 – monthly breakfasts, regular team days, competitive salaries, weekly fruit and flower delivery, contributory pension schemes, team trips and adventures, self-initiated projects as a team, bike purchasing scheme, charitable projects, everyone has a book budget, a detailed induction process, and we are all encouraged to visits talks, conferences, workshops and basically learn and grow.
- We have an internal structure ensuring everyone has a direct contact and line of communication. No one is ever left floating.
- It’s a multinational, multi-lingual team within the studio and it’s close knit, super talented and friendly.
- And what surprises most people is how open the four23 is. It’s a transparent company and we have regular full team days where everything is discussed.
- And finally our studio has been specially designed by our Spacial Design Director, Harriet Paterson. It’s a beautiful flexible space where we gather as a team, spread out alone, hold exhibitions, talks, screenings and, most importantly, be creative.
Have a look around the space here: www.flickr.com/photos/studiofour23/albums/72157668385568776
Minimum 1 year post education Design experience.
Hours of work
9.30am to 6pm 5 days a week
Sometimes a project will demand that we work beyond those times and occasionally weekends.
Those times are given back in lieu and we also provide refresh days that are taken after a major deadline or event. Those days are taken immediately and do not count as holiday.
25 days per annum.
We close for Christmas and New Year.
And if you want to take all the holidays in one lump to have an adventure – feel free (after being here beyond 1 year).
Please indicate your salary expectations in your application.
We provide competitive salaries plus an above statutory pension scheme for everyone from day one.
4.23pm, Friday 11th August
Please take some time to explore the four23 website:
Our Case Studies on projects with Kendrick Lamar, Originals, In Residence LA, Kevin Spacey and the London Marathon are here: www.four23.net/case-studies/
How to Apply
Please email a CV and 500 words explaining why ‘you and us’ to recruitment(at)four23.net
Please include the words Junior Designer in the subject line and note where you saw the job advertised.