Designer four23London, England, GB
Who We Are:
four23 is an innovative, independent creative studio, led by CEO Warren Bramley, delivering multi-disciplinary projects across the globe.
We are structured around six core crafts – DESIGN, MOVING IMAGE, CODE, COPY, SPACIAL DESIGN and LIVE. See www.four23.net for a full overview.
Visit www.four23.net/broadcast - to see some of our most recent projects including a block party hosted with Kendrick Lamar, a 360 film shot in the Maré favela of Rio de Janerio, an art installation at Design Junction as part of London Design Festival, a skate park and gallery created in Los Angeles with Eric Kostyn, animations with Damon Albarn for Médecins Sans Frontières and art direction for Team GB with Stella McCartney.
Who we’re looking for:
- quite simply a really great designer
- expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite is expected, you will be a confident pair of design hands
- strong visual design skills. You must be able to visualise ideas and concepts from scratch
- you will have an excellent knowledge of all print processes and techniques
- you’ll be great at taking a holistic view on projects and considering all aspects of the brief, not just the design
- an understanding of digital design is important and it’s an area that you wish to grow into
- you’ll be confident and articulate and be able to present your ideas clearly
- you’ll be organised, remain calm under pressure and be able to manage your own time
- you will demonstrate you value others’ input and expertise and are keen to learn
- you are able to work on multiple streams of work at once, to produce consistently high-level work, even to tight deadlines
- you will have an ambition to learn, relish a creative challenge and are eager to be a part of a very talented team
- you must be able to sketch out ideas. The ability to sketch is non-negotiable
- you will tackle a broad variety of projects from print, to interiors, to event branding, to floorplans, to retail briefs
- you will be expected to run your own projects, working with the team and delivering creative options to our CEO
- you will be able to liaise with the production teams to ensure our creative ideas are being executed to a consistent, exceptional standard with an eye on the commerciality of the business
- you will work alongside our project management team to ensure projects are realised and delivered to the highest standard
- you’ll be expected to provide valuable input internally to maintain and improve the output of the design department
What we offer:
- you will be given responsibility for your own projects from the start, working under the guidance of an experienced project team
- you will contribute to the creative process, research and thinking and protect that creative thread throughout the delivery process
- we are always improving our best practice, you will be mentored through our process and will contribute improvements to our project delivery
- four23 delivers projects globally – recently our project management teams have worked in LA, New York, Zurich, Paris, Berlin and Barcelona
- we take personal growth and development seriously. All team members have regular access to our CEO, mentorship from our leadership team, and are provided with opportunities for education and learning
- we have a strong culture at four23 – weekly breakfasts, regular team days, competitive salaries, daily fruit delivery, contributory pension schemes, team trips and adventures, self-initiated projects as a team, bike purchasing scheme, charitable projects, everyone has a book budget, a detailed induction process, and we are all encouraged to visits talks, conferences, workshops and basically learn and grow
- we have an internal structure ensuring everyone has a direct contact and line of communication. No one is ever left floating
- it’s a multinational, multi-lingual team within the studio and it’s close knit, super talented and friendly
- and what surprises most people is how open four23 is. It’s a transparent company and we have regular full team days where everything is discussed
- and finally our studio has been specially designed by our Spacial Design Director, Harriet Paterson. It’s a beautiful flexible space where we gather as a team, spread out alone, hold exhibitions, talks, screenings and, most importantly, be creative. Have a look around the space here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/studiofour23/albums/72157668385568776
Minimum three years design experience
Hours of work
- 9.30-6 five days a week
Sometimes a project will demand that we work beyond those times and occasionally weekends.
Those times are given back in lieu and we also provide refresh days that are taken after a major deadline or event. Those days are taken immediately and do not count as holiday.
- 25 days per annum
We close for Christmas and New Year.
And if you want to take all the holidays in one lump to have an adventure – feel free, after being here beyond one year.
Please indicate your salary expectations in your application.
We provide competitive salaries plus an above statutory pension scheme for everyone from day one.
Please take some time to explore the four23 website: www.four23.net
Our Case Studies on projects with Kendrick Lamar, Originals, In Residence LA, Kevin Spacey and the London Marathon are here: www.four23.net/case-studies/
Our unique compartment structure can be found here: http://www.four23.net/compartments
Our annual exhibition series can be viewed here: http://www.four23.net/exhibitions/
Take a look behind the scenes on our Flickr channel: www.flickr.com/photos/studiofour23/
Or see four23’s travels on Instagram: www.instagram.com/studiofour23
How to apply
Please email a CV and 500 words explaining why ‘you and us’ to recruitment@(at)our23.net
Please include the words Mid Weight Designer in the subject line and note where you saw the job advertised.