Designer GantStockholm, SE
GANT is the original American lifestyle brand with European sophistication, offering premium clothing, accessories and home furnishings for men, women and kids. Born in 1949 on the campuses of the American East Coast universities and raised in Europe, GANT enjoys a global presence in over 70 markets, 750 stores and 4,000 selected retailers. Please visit gant.com for more information.
If you are a passionate and innovative Designer, we have an excellent opportunity for a you to join our Stockholm based Product Creation Team.
You will work in an environment driven by passion, innovation and authenticity in the world of Original American Sportswear.
In this role you will design Men’s knitwear collection. Focus is to create sustainable, beautiful and commercial garments with our American sportswear with a European sophistication in mind.
You always strive to exceed our consumer´s expectations.
Responsibilities & Tasks
- Sketch and visualize proposed design ideas in detailed sketches
- Make sure that the design aligns with Creative direction, Brand strategy and the commercial ambition of the division
- Based on the design brief from managers: Present mood boards, innovative and commercial solutions within the product group on a seasonal basis
- Daily key interactions are with Product manager, Designer manager, Product developer, all Category designers and the Graphic team
- Ensure that presentation materials, product specification and overviews are updated regularly as well for key tollgate meetings
- Work close to Product developer with new fabrics, trims and fits and hand over a finalized package to Product developer
- Work together with Design studio (patternmaker & seamstress) to ensure fit and shape
- Contribute to the department with positive energy, passion and great spirit
- The role reports to Knitwear Designer
- Work will include traveling.
- Able to be price conscience when designing.
- You must have 3+ years of experience and deep knowledge within Knitwear
- You have a relevant design education in fashion and knitwear
- You are well experienced in Adobe design software programs and PLM.
- Familiar with working in a Mac environment.
- You need to be able to work based on creative and commercial briefs, to apply and visualize this in a professional manner
- You have a passion for American sportswear, colors and details
- You understand the importance of high quality and sustainable design
- You are a passionate and humble team player with great communication skills in written and spoken English
- You are ambitious and willing to always exceed our consumers expectations, know who is relevant in the market.
- You are used to lead yourself and are deadline driven
- You are positive, a strong team player and be able to mange high paced work and flexibility well
- Basic knowledge of knitwear construction and able to identify different gauges, stitch construction and able to identify different yarn qualities
Please apply with your CV and a cover letter by August 31, 2017
GANT is a lifestyle brand committed to creating a community that lives by and embraces our values of being authentic, where we stay true to our beliefs, respect each other and remain accountable; being innovative, where we hold our heritage close to heart when striving for new ideas; and being passionate, where we live and represent the brand we love while working together toward the same goal.